We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dental implants

Ballena, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
dental implants

Does anyone have any information about dental implants in Cuba?

Thanks

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dental implants

I did a TA search and found the following.... tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g910832-i12245-k464…

Denise

Swindon England
Level Contributor
290 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dental implants

Hi

This is the Guardalavaca Forum

Some years ago when I couldn't get National Health Service dentistry in Swindon UK, I visited Dr Miguel at the Guardalavaca International Clinic. I had a denture made, fitted and still wear it today. Dr Miguel was a kindly and decent dentist, in fact Cuban staff at SRLYM said "he is the best."

However he told me he could not do implants as "the singular X-ray machine was broken" My private dentist in Swindon had 2 X-ray machines. Plus there are shortages for anaesthetics.

Times may have changed but giving up a morning for a denture at £100 quote in UK £700 is one matter.

But would one want to spend part of annual holiday having implants fitted? Where would X-rays be taken? Would there be enough anaesthetics?

Dariusdave

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,440 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dental implants

In the UK NHS Dentures are £214

4. Re: dental implants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 15, 2014