We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeline for packing for your trip

Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Timeline for packing for your trip

Ok. We booked Aug 22 2012 for our March 8 2013 trip to CA.

Summer ends in early September here.

So I have had all my summer (Cuba) clothes, snorkle stuff, sundries etc packed since Oct. 1.

All that is left to go in is my under garments.

Beloved says I am nuts.

I counter that I am well prepared and organized.

Thoughts?

Hamilton Ontario
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Timeline for packing for your trip

I pulled the luggage out last weekend, two weeks before we leave...and upset the dog.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Timeline for packing for your trip

LOL - I head ya, debloves.....only for us, it's CATS....have to keep removing cat(s) from bag(s) as I pack.... Dogs don't care - they're outside ! <g>

Denise

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Timeline for packing for your trip

We have the same problem with our two rescued cats. They love to get into suitcases. Our dog knows when the suitcases come out, he is off to the kennels for a week to see all his friends, lol. He actually gets excited, Maybe it's because he gets a break from the cats, lol.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Timeline for packing for your trip

I have a spare room where I keep my suitcases, sandals and most of my summer clothes, as well as an always packed shave kit bag, and a large ziploc bag with all my medications and things like band-aids, immodium etc and all those type things that you cant find once your down there, but never know when you will need them.

SO with abut 50% of my packing always done, I bring the suitcase out about a week before I go to finish off the packing and pick up any last minute stuff that I need, usually snacks I want to bring..lol.

And my dog loves getting into the suitcase and anything else that she can while I am packing....doesnt seem to bother her. Just gets her excited and I probably should take her someday....maybe if I ever make it to Mexico cause she is a Chihuahua...lol

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,270 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Timeline for packing for your trip

I pack the day or evening before the trip, or on the morning of departure if it is an afternoon flight. I have a check list and I try to keep it to the bare minimum. Usually takes me an hour or less. Haven't been overweight yet, and when I go Club Class I am well under the weight allowance. :-)

I do always wonder, en route to the airport, what I have forgotten! (usually something I identified as being important, and then forgot to add to my list, e.g. plug for the sink drain, in case there isn't one, needed to give my underwater camera a good fresh water bath.)

Edited: 9:40 am, February 21, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Timeline for packing for your trip

I always get excited to pack. I'll start gathering stuff early and convince myself that I'm bagging a few bargains but it's more to get myself in the holiday mood. But the suitcase doesn't come out until 2 weeks before I leave.

To be honest I'd start packing today if I could, but I have no summer clothes :(

27. Re: Timeline for packing for your trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 24, 2014