We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
85 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

There have been several comments about stomach upsets and salmonella poisoning at the playa, and I would like to make a point about this. The amount of men I saw leaving the toilet without washi g their hands was astounding and frankly a disgrace.So ladies encourage your men to wash their hands as alot of people seem to be blaming the hotel for poor hygiene when an equally if not more serious issue could be basic hygiene from the guests.

scotland
Level Contributor
259 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

Good point to make. I don't go till end June but I have already stocked up on alcohol gel and wipes for use even after hands are washed! No need for bad hygiene.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

Just as many disgusting women also. Let's not just single out the guys. A few weeks ago I saw this beastly woman horking up loogies on the resort beach in Samana, right in front of everyone. I was the only one that spoke up and said to her "that's fu@@ing sexy".

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
85 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

Without stating the obvious as a bloke I can only comment on what I saw in the mens bogs!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

Hola

Why do you think I bring my own combination salt & pepper grinder....??? I can't even take credit for that one because I saw other guests that brought their own and I thought, "I'm getting myself one of those too"......The added bonus is no more clogged up salt shakers, and no more unintentional "salt dumps" due to the previous salt user screwing the top off in order to get salt out - and not tightening it back up...

TGIF

Cheers

Liverpool
Level Contributor
560 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

Just returned 3 days ago and agree with OP. OK hotel is bit rough round the edges butility they work tirelessly to keep everyhing clean. The amount of people we saw just using Thier hands to pick things from buffet was discussing and even putting back. Yuk.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
105,353 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

I always take a small bottle of hand sanitizer with me which I keep with me all the time,

Liverpool
Level Contributor
560 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

We did the same. Didn't get ill and didn't speak to anyone that had. We did however suffer from the usual drinking too many cocktails, whilst enjoying the sunshine after affects ha ha.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

The hygiene in the main restaurant was horrendous , the meat was not covered and was next to cooked meats, salad part was full of flies, in fact the whole restaurant was full of flies, no one wears gloves , tables were full of dishes, staff run off there feet trying to swat flies and clear tables for next sitters, I only ate there once and that was enough we stay in premium but still go over to main hotel to see staff that we got to know over the years , and by the way this is an improvement to last year..... was there feb . they have made a lot of improvements for the better, but toilets all over the hotel need updating, even staff were sick with a bug that was going around I was a lucky one that was ok but my hubby got it.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
560 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

Well I dunno what budget u ate in we got back a week today. Ate in budget every night and didn't see any flies on anything or anything to cause us to.not eat. Everything covered.

The people were the worst using hands in food.

We were fine no tummy upsets.

It's cuba, middle of countryside... no walls. A few flies are expected. But really don't understand the bad reviews.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
105,353 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hygiene at Playa Pesquero

Differing opinions from two people living in the same city. Not sure though when Paula was there last.