We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre paid euro cash cards

Which Kefalos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paisley, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Pre paid euro cash cards

Just wondering if these are widely accepted in kefalos and is there ATM machines around to withdraw euros from them. If so anyone know the best one to get?

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre paid euro cash cards

We usually use our card to get money out of the atm's. Can't remember anywhere that takes them but we usually use cash. There's an atm at the bottom of the hill leading upto the old village and there was one outside Kefalos Tours last year. There's also one at the bank in the square in the old village.

Don't know if it's the best but we use CFX (Martin's Money Tips recommendation)

Lake District
Level Contributor
139 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre paid euro cash cards

Highly recommend the FX card as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre paid euro cash cards

As been stated there are a couple of ATM's - we take cash and withdraw extra if required. We stay at the opposite end to the harbour at the beginning of the strip and its quite a walk 20-30 mins - we walked a couple of times in the July / Aug time last year and the ATM at the bottom of the hill wasn't dispensing cash. We didn't have a car so couldn't get up into the old town.... so for us its easier to take cash and keep in the safe, thought I would mention as it may be worth considering dependant on where you are staying as it can be a long trek in the heat - but on the plus side plenty of bars to stop at along the way :)

Edited: 11:10 am, June 19, 2013
Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre paid euro cash cards

Agree with madaboutarmani as the two machines in the resort are located centrally and if you are down at the harbour or up at the airport end of the resort it can be quite a hike during the day - just heard from somebody out there that it was up to 40+ today

We just use the card as back-up as I don't think I've seen any restaurant in Kef that takes the cards as payment

northampton
Level Contributor
176 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre paid euro cash cards

I don't know about prepaid cards but all the restaurants we've been to over the last 13 years take debut or credit cards.

6. Re: Pre paid euro cash cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos
Recent Conversations