We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbies to kefalos

Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Newbies to kefalos

Hi

Me and my partner are going to kefalos early July, staying in jacks apartments. Has anybody stayed here ? just wondered if there is much around us? Also can anybody update us on the current prices for food and drink ? And is there anything that is a must see whilst on the island of kos . Really looking forward to going it looks such a lovely place :)

Thanks for your help

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Not stayed at Jacks but know where it is. You're about a 5-10 minute walk from the main road with bars and restaurants and from there another 5-10 minutes from the harbour road and beach with more bars and tavernas.

As to must-see's whilst there it depends whether you are hiring a car but you can get the local bus to Kos Town which is well worth a trip. I would also recommend the boat trip over to Nissyros which you can book through Kefalos Tours (located just off the main road by Anthonys Hotel) or down at the harbour. The boat goes Tuesdays and Saturdays if I remember rightly. Even if you don't to go up to the volcano when you get over there, Mandraki Town is great to wander around for a few hours. The other popular trip is up to Zia to watch the sunset over kalymnos - again bookable through Kef Tours.

Enjoy your holiday

Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Thanks for your reply.

That's good that we are pretty close to things, I imagined we would be a bit further out. And the sunset sounds fab will defo look in to booking that. I really can't wait now :) thanks again

LEEDS WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Just a little addition to what Taffyswife has told you ,take a torch it can be a little bit dark walking back to Jacks at night,we are in Kefalos the first 2weeks in July ,lovely place ,lots of lovely places to eat and very reasonable,have a great time

Tessy x

Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Hi TessyB, thanks for the advice on the torch, will have to add that onto my holiday shopping list. I have no sense of direction, so would defo struggle in the dark!

hope you have a great time too, not too long to go :)

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Just hope the jacks are on good terms it can get enigmatic but sure you will love kefalos see you there

Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Hopefully. If their not will we still have access to the pool if we're staying in the one without ??

Thanks for your help.

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Or if they are there are plenty of other pools to use just around the corner

8. Re: Newbies to kefalos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 pm, May 08, 2015
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Really looking forward to going now :) The Zai trip sounds like a must. 3-5 euros sounds good for a cocktail, we went to hersonisos last year in Crete and I'm sure we were paying about 7 euros a cocktail. Is bubble beach/paradise beach in kefalos or elsewhere, if so is it easy to get to via bus?

Thanks for your help :)

Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Newbies to kefalos

Also handy to know there are other pools close by :)

Edited: 2:20 pm, June 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos
Recent Conversations