We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yiannis apartments

Paisley, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Yiannis apartments

Hi, I booked a holiday for the Yiannis apartments for next year but when I click on the map to see the location it comes up with a Kos Town location. Can someone please give me an idea of the actual location in Kefalos ie, how far away it is from amenities and the beach etc. and if anyone has been there what it's really like as I've since found a few bad reviews among the great reviews. Thanks

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yiannis apartments

Hi

Do you know Kefalos at all?

Only asking because it's on one of the back roads from and running roughly parallel to the main road between the airport and Kefalos Old Town. We stayed there about 6 years ago and enjoyed it - the family are very friendly - the apartment was big and the food great. Yiannis is very well-known for his honey and you get a jar (or used to) when you start your stay. We now stay at the Mayflower about 100m from Yiannis but this was down more to TC flight times a few years ago rather than the accommodation. It's in a good location - quiet but within a 5-10 minute walk of the main road and from there you can decide which direction to take in the evening - towards the harbour end or the island end

Paisley, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yiannis apartments

Thank you for your reply, I have been to Kefalos before but it was almost 20 years ago, I stayed just off the main road heading back towards the airport so the opposite end of the resort from the old town. Lots will have changed in that time so I'm looking forward to going back. Thanks for the information about the apartments, you can't please everyone and a holiday is what you make it so I'm going to ignore the bad reviews and just enjoy it. And I love honey so that's a bonus lol

Crewe
Level Contributor
1 post
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yiannis apartments

Hello.

We are returning to Yiannis for the fourth year running in July so that's the highest praise I can give: ignore the bad reviews it's great. It's truly family run and they are really friendly.

The location is really quiet but only a 5 minute walk from where the roads converge at the big empty plot by the sea front (if you remember that). The main sea front with all the bars and tavernas is another 5 minutes away. If you go in the other direction there are lovely rural walks up into the hills.

Perfect location, perfect hosts - you really couldn't ask for more.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yiannis apartments

I have written a revue about this accoms and would tell you you will deffo have a great holiday with this family we have been going for years and would recommend this place to my family and friends so that's how I rate them good as gold good friendly people will be downing a few mythos with yannie very soon

Paisley, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yiannis apartments

Thank you for your replies, it has put my mind at ease, have since seen a few more reviews of the property and all of them good, I'm now wishing the year away so that I can see for myself, can't wait and the family that own the apartments sound brilliant, just what I'm looking for. Roll on 2014!

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yiannis apartments

you are in good hands nice family try just try and speak a few words of greek they will warm to you

Paisley, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Yiannis apartments

I could speak greek (basic) years ago, but haven't practiced in a long long time so will get the language course out again and brush up on it. My daughter knows a few words so hopefully that will help us make friends :-)

8. Re: Yiannis apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos
Recent Conversations