We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quad bike hire june 2012

Which Kefalos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Topic
quad bike hire june 2012

hi all

im off to kefalos on 23/06/12

it seems the done thing is to hire a quad/car/ rather than go on a tour due to the size of the island

ive seen a company called trustkos rentals on google. is it better to book ahead to get a good deal or are the costs generally the same either way

only looking for a 2 day hire

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: quad bike hire june 2012

If you opt for car hire try kefalos tours ,Stella or mickail will help you or if they have none for hire try manolis another honest bunch of folks quads are fine but as stated in a previous post third party insurance covers machine and third parties but not you. small car hire is as cheap as a quad and more comfortable on the rear end most of the island roads are good but some can be potholed so drive with care . hope you enjoy your hols.

Edited: 12:10 pm, March 06, 2012
LEEDS WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: quad bike hire june 2012

Hired a car last year from Manolis ,great service would def use them again

northampton
Level Contributor
176 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: quad bike hire june 2012

We've been going to Kefalis for 12 years and have always rented from trust - always been excellent and only needed my card licence

Kos
Level Contributor
154 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: quad bike hire june 2012

I would recommend a car too.

Very cheap about 25 euros a day from Kefalos Tours.

with full insurance

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: quad bike hire june 2012

Hi, we have used trust tours kos for the past 5 years and will use them again this year. We never rent the quads though as i have seen quite a few accidents that have happened with these, and most holiday insurers don't seem to cover quad bike accidents. As we are only 21 we are too young to hire a car but they have beach buggy's which seem a lot more safe than the quads and you can get some with bigger engines to keep up with the flow of traffic a bit better. Also i have found the insurance we take out will cover you if you are in an accident in one of these! We generally book ahead but there is no need to do this, they generally have everything at one of their offices and will bring it down to kefalos for you if they need to. Hope this helps and hope you have a great holiday :)

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: quad bike hire june 2012

If you go to katterinas to hire a dune buggy you will find that she will tell you they are for in resort use only so small engines . buggies are very low to the road so are not good for off roading and also you get loads of dust in your face from passing vehicles so you need good shades or specs. car hire is best solution not as much fun as quad or buggie but safer. As Tessy says manolis hire is good we have also used them over the years.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: quad bike hire june 2012

Totally agree, although the buggy's are more fun the biggest engine they do is a 300cc I think at trust tours and isn't great if u want to travel to kos town etc. I'd say a car is the best option, if we were old enough to hire a car we'd be doing the same! unfortunately they don't rent cars to under 23's :-(

18. Re: quad bike hire june 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, May 26, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos