We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices in kefalos

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Topic
prices in kefalos

Hi there

Has anyone got any info on prices for this year on meals and drinks,

Has there been much of a increase.

Cheers Dawn

BELFAST
Level Contributor
446 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices in kefalos

Anyone any information re: the previous post heading to Kefalos on Friday for the 1st time wondering about prices of basics etc. Has the "crisis" in Greece had any effect on costs etc.

Water, Beer, Wine, eating out and Tours any information form the experts would be appreciated

Cairo
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices in kefalos

Hi there

I cannot comment on prices in Kefalos for this summer but I was reading a TA post that a large beer in Tigiaki is now 3.5E. Last year I recall a large beer in Tigiaki was 2.8Euros in Scala and similar tavernas!

I was reading a few days ago that the Greek government as part of its austerity measures is planning to increase VAT on resturants bills from 6% to 23% and to raise the duty levied on alcholic drinks by 30%! I don't think the bar and resturants owners will be able to absord those increases for too long so an price increase is inevitably.

You should be able to eat handsomely for Euro 15 per person, and if you venture off the tourist strip and look around the side streets where the locals go could be slightly less. A large bottle of mineral water in a taverna is between 1.5E - 2.5E, half liter of house wine from 3.5E to 6.5Euros, depending on the view (Kos harbour min. Euro 5). Mythos beer (0.5lt) can be from Euro 2.2 to 4 and more, again depending on the view and location - in Kos Old Town a beer can be up to Euro 6!

Tours: you have to shop around and avoid buying from the tour reps as you will find better deals by going direct to a travel agency.

Happy Hols

Cleo

Frinton-On-Sea...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: prices in kefalos

Prices in kefalos still very reasonable, large beer 1.5 to2.5E, 6 pack of water 2E, litre of wine and main course for 2 about 20E.

Kos
Level Contributor
154 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prices in kefalos

No change in prices this year to last year

we paid the same as above.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prices in kefalos

I found Kefalos really cheap compared to Gran Canaria...

On average 4 of us with starters main course water and wine 42 euros !

This really surprised me !!

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prices in kefalos

not alot as changed but beware scorpios taverna they will set the police on you if you do not like their food

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prices in kefalos

I can echo the advice of above, large beers 1.5 to 2 euro in bars (namely Maria and Memory Bar); two main meals (chicken, stifado, kleftiko, moussaka etc) plus garlic bread starter, half litre of wine, a large beer for about 20 euro. Spent only the money that we took, and didn't have to visit the ATM for extra money, for probably the first time abroad.

As a rough guide we spent 1,200 euro in 2 weeks in Kefalos from 23/6/11 to 7/7/11, but we paid for safe, aircon for second week, bus to Kos Town, and a trip to Nisyros. Sandwiches for breakfast, cafe for full english for lunch, and evening meal at any one of a number of nice restaurants in the resort, followed by a few beers. Latest to bed 0415, ''stayed in'' with some bottles of Mythos and a pack of cards on 2 occasions when needing a break.

Pleasantly surprised by the prices to be honest.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: prices in kefalos

Hello Dawn just replied to p.m Are you out in kos this season .? prices are only up on things like ciggies and spirits locals trying hard i think to keep prices good because of slow tourist traffic .all the best T

Edited: 12:52 pm, July 17, 2011
9. Re: prices in kefalos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 06, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos
Recent Conversations