We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katherina Apartments Kefalos

Burton on Trent
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Katherina Apartments Kefalos

We are going to the Katherina in September 2010, has anybody got any info about them , the town and the best tavernas. My wife would like to know if there is a kettle as it does not mention one in the brochure

Thanks Tez10.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Katherina Apartments Kefalos

we are off to the Artemis later today, which is the sister apartments to the katherina sited next door. All the reports we have heard so far have been good, we are back onthe 5th so I can update further then, if its not too late for your holiday.

Burton on Trent
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Katherina Apartments Kefalos

Thanks we dont go till 23 September so look forward to hearing from you. Have a good time.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Katherina Apartments Kefalos

I've just returned from artemis apts (yesterday). There is a small kettle and 2 ringed table top stove in apt, but no toaster. Lovely apartments for the money, family who own are very nice. The pool is lovely too, plently of sunloungers, there is a snack bar next to the pool which does food. The full Engllish breakfast came recommended by folk we met there, but we never tried it as we prefer a light breakfast.

There are lots of restaurants to choose from, all doing similar food. We personally enjoyed Galini's which is across the road from the apts (its slightly right of apts and set back from the road - easily missed) They had lovely souvlaki and meatballs - and the staff were very friendly. Sidneys and santa barbara on the sea front are also good. Maria's came recommended but we ran out of time so never got there. Captain John's also came recommended for their fish - but my fish was awful so i can't recommend it. Next door to apts is a takeawy/restaurant called Mano's which does a lovely bacon roll. its was 2.50 euros for a long soft baguette roll with lots of bacon on it.

LEEDS WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
737 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Katherina Apartments Kefalos

Could you let me know what travel company you booked the Artemis apartments with

Thanks Tessy x

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Katherina Apartments Kefalos

I booked through Thomas Cook. They came under Manos holidays which are part of the Thomas Cook group. You should be able to find online too, If you google Manos hols, it comes up with the thomas cook page, then click through greece, kos, kefalos and you should find them. Otherwise go into Thomas cook shop.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Katherina Apartments Kefalos

Hi

We are back from Kefalos now, Ive read the review below for the Katherina and can agree with what has been said, apartments very clean, with enough space, ours didnt have air con which proved problematic only beacause whilst the apartments are in a good quiet spot for access to the beach and restraunts etc, at night there seemed to be that consistant noise form the locals going up and down to the village on their scooters, motorbikes etc, so we did suffer a little as we couldnt close the shutters and patio door. The resort was very quiet, beaches were nearly empty so no problem finding a spot a sit, sunbeds still 5 euros a day. we hired quad bikes for a few days as getting about is not as easy as other islands ( 15 E/ day for a small one) No local taxis and the buses were not as frequent as we have been used to elsewhere. Eating out is easy, I agree with the other post about the Galini, Santa barbarra and Captain Johns, we also liked the Argo and Stamitia, both were good and the Rainbow and Kampos off the main street as well. Its worth a trip to sunset beach, nice restraunt their and the fish restraunt at Limonalas ( not spelt right)

We tried Paradise beach one day, nice beach sun beds 7 euros, however the beds nearly touch each other and we had the sun bed police on us all day for moving the beds out of line etc, so not the best play to relax.

The wind has started to get up a bit now so you would eb advised to take a jumper and coming back the airport was very cool ( night flight) most people wore jumpers or hoodies to keep themselves warm

Hope this helps

7. Re: Katherina Apartments Kefalos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos
Recent Conversations