We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on MANOLIS studios

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Info on MANOLIS studios

Hi

Still looking for info on Manolis studios.. what i want to know is..do they provide a room for luggage / showers after departing your room, we have just been told our flights are changing to night flights and im worried we will have to spend the day smelly lugging are bags around!! can anyone please advise.

many thanks

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

oh and do they have air con??? thanks

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

Ah, you've booked with Libra? All the other flights are night flights, I did wonder if this would happen. I haven't yet booked, but hopefully will be in the next 4 weeks.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

day flight out 4pm and midnight coming back ( gatwick ) so not too bad just worried about showers before we go home as its a long day! are you booking manolis??

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

Yes, I'm eyeing it up at the moment. The flight time is far better than Olympic, Thomson or First Choice but I'm holding off until mid June to see what happens.

The only thing that bothers me is that Libra use Viking planes, which haven't had a good press. (I don't know if you've seen other posts on the subject).

Hopefully there will be somewhere to shower, and it's normal in Greece to wander off & leave the bags at reception, so that doesn't worry me.

When are you going?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

we go in august!! yes i have seen some press and to be honest im getting a bit worried!! dont know anything about viking at all!! not so much worried about bags just showers as normally have early flights when we go to greece!

Ireland
Level Contributor
337 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

We returned from Manolis Studios two days ago. Rooms have air con but as normal it's an extra cost - I think it's 5 euro per day, although being early in the season we didn't need it. Room was spacious and clean and had both a hair drier and an electric kettle, neither of which are common in Greek apartments. Pool area is well kept and very pleasant.

There was no courtesy room but we were able to stay on in our apartment at a cost of 20 euro - it was money well spent as our pick-up wasn't until 18.30.

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

Thanks for the update! Is it close to the beach and bars/restaurants etc? Good news about being able to stay in the room.

Ireland
Level Contributor
337 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

Manolis Studios are the first ones that you come to as you enter Kefalos from the airport, so they are on the edge of the resort. The nearest supermarket is about 2 mins walk away, the nearest restaurant maybe 10 mins and everything else further away.

However, the good news is that you are near the best end of the beach. Most of Kefalos beach is pretty nondescript, but if you walk about 50 metres up the hill from the apartments, there is a path down to a couple of nice beaches - it's signposted for the Basilica of Agios Stefanos.

As a matter of interest we flew recently with Viking Airlines and there were absolutely no problems with it.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

Quick update on manolis studios....clean basic studios and nice well kept pool...said rooms would be cleaned twice during our week stay but was only cleaned once!..the studios are on the edge of the resort and a busy noisy main road..the place was deserted and resturants a long walk ( apart from a few that were not up to much)...i felt the resort was far too spaced out and didnt manage the long walk down to the harbour( last bus was at 9pm down there but none to get back and we never seen any taxis)...beach was 5 min walk and was very nice but not many snack/tavernas infact we only seen one which was down the lane from the 1st super market...weather was fab and a nice welcoming breeze kept it bareable..one the whole is was an ok holiday but dont think i would return here in the near future purely as the resort is to spaced out ..or would have to hire a car...oh also very expensive to eat /drink.

Ireland
Level Contributor
337 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Info on MANOLIS studios

I agree with some of what phebs says. Although the complex is very clean, the rooms are not really cleaned during your stay and the bins are not emptied regularly.

The studios are fairly close to a main road, although you soon get used to a bit of traffic noise. The pool area is not all that busy, but maybe that depends on the clientele on any particular week.

The resort is definitely very spaced out and a bit lacking in atmosphere. Since Manolis is at one end of the resort,if you don't like walking you are in trouble. Having said that, we walked down to the harbour most nights, and also up to Kefalos village on the hill, so it depends on your preferences.

So the apartments have their good points and their bad points. On balance, we found probably stay there again, but hire a car for a bit longer next time, because there are a lot of places on Kos that are nicer and more interesting than Kefalos.

However I would disagree with the comment about the cost of eating out. Having been on a lot of other Greek islands, I would say the Kos is one of the cheaper ones for eating out.

Get answers to your questions about Kefalos
Recent Conversations