We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What’s the weather like in late October?

Linlithgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
183 reviews

15 replies to this topic
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

I’ve posted this on another thread so re- hashed it as the answer is more or less the same.

I go every year in October and it’s still hot in the day though last year in October we had an irritating bora, a strong wind which took the heat out of the sea but October is great. Just remember that as the sun sets a little earlier and you are near the sea you may feel colder as it’s been hot in the day. A jacket or a wrap is sometimes needed.

You sometimes have a few rainy intervals but it’s still miles better than the UK temperature wise. The taverna owners are not rushed off their feet and have time to chat and everywhere is quieter.

There may be some places that are shutting down but I’ve stayed until the last flight out and there’s still enough going on - and that’s in Mastihari which is a village.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
586 posts
82 reviews
2. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

Spot on with what just said. we always there early October but cannot comment for late October ..... weather glorious during the day and cooler at night. ladies will need a wrap to take with them at night and maybe a light jacket or something - you guys - maybe not unless you are nesh! However I should imagine another two or three weeks to end of October will see the weather changing a little to cooler in the day a bit too. maybe!

Linlithgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
183 reviews
3. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

Thanks!

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

I’m here in kefalos and we’re basking in 25-30 degrees. Island starts to shut down late October eg tavernas closing etc

Linlithgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
183 reviews
5. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

Thanks. I know it’s pretty reliable early October but can’t teavel until 3rd week - school holidays and wondered about them for 2019. Will be tracking it on Accuweather in 2 weeks time!

UK
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

I'm going in half term in a couple of weeks. Hoping for little rain and mid 20s! Will see.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
586 posts
82 reviews
7. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

This year we got tail end of that cyclone so had two very windy days with cloud and on one day earlier last week it was horrendous with really bad storms. However in all the years we have been going at this time - this was a first!!

Linlithgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
183 reviews
8. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

Thanks!

Kent, United Kingdom
6 posts
1 review
9. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

We are here now and the weather is perfect. Warm enough to sunbathe all day but not too hot that it’s uncomfortable 😎 wishing you a lovely holiday

Linlithgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
183 reviews
10. Re: What’s the weather like in late October?

Thanks Lou!

Reply to: What’s the weather like in late October?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kefalos