We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan to Chambery/Annecy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Milan to Chambery/Annecy

Dear Fellow Friends,

I am getting worried for the trains for Milan to Chambery/Annecy. I have already booked the hotels but the trains are worrying me because I will like to catch a Train on 9th August 2013 (friday) from milan to Chambery/annecy. However, I was told that the dates are not available yet(raileurope) or there is no train schedule(on Tgv-euope) for that day. However, If i did a search on a later date 23th August(friday) 2013 and on 2nd August 2013, it shows the trains that I will like to have. Which puzzles me as a later date search is available but not mine?

Could this be a sign that it is a holiday or the trains have been sold out? This is critical as I have already booked the hotel and failure to do so will be disappointing. Hope you guys can help me with this.

Worried,

Alvan

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,256 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan to Chambery/Annecy

I'm not a train expert but on most TGV routes you can't buy your tickets more than 3 months in advance so you may need to wait a few more weeks. However, you can check schedules on the German train site www.bahn.de, although you can't get fare info or buy tickets. But it shows trains between Milan and Annecy on August 9th. Don't buy tickets from RailEurope unless you are sure they are cheaper than the TGV site.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan to Chambery/Annecy

Hi French_Mystique,

Thanks for your advice. I shall wait till the 9th of May and try then! =)

Yeah, it seems that Raileurope train prices are so much more expensive.

Thanks once again

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan to Chambery/Annecy

HI MaxiBom,

Did you manage to book your train itinerary in advance? I'm curious to know how it ended up, as I'm about to go through the same process...

THanks!

4. Re: Milan to Chambery/Annecy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, April 14, 2015