We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English breakfast

Margate, England...
9 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
English breakfast

We try all different types of dishes whilst on holiday i was surprised to find no post for best english breakfast in Agonda who does the best ?

25 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
62 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: English breakfast

All the shacks have Indian English continental Russian Bf in their menu

Margate, England...
9 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
2. Re: English breakfast

Thanks for your reply goaexotic i realise most shacks do many different types of breakfasts but I doubt they are all cooked as well as each other or use all the same ingredients which is why my question was who cooks the best english breakfast.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
45 reviews
44 helpful votes
3. Re: English breakfast

We go to Goa to eat THERE food. It's only the long termers who fancy an English breakfast now and again. and the bacon their is terrible not like at hom.e

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
42 reviews
69 helpful votes
4. Re: English breakfast

Thornhill -

I love a nice fried egg, bacon, beans, goan sausage, buttered toast and a cup of tea occasionally when on holiday as well as fish and chips, steak and chips, chicken xacuti with naan and rice, Italian the list is endless

I don't think anyone should tell you what you should be eating when on holiday.

Eat what you like that's what I say

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
5. Re: English breakfast

There is a new Goan law, well more like a by-law actually. Basically no English breakfasts are available south of Cavelossim, just a regulation, you know how bureaucracy works in India.

This is why none were available in Agonda, for clarity this not my opinion or me telling people what to eat.

Kind regards Franco

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
62 reviews
25 helpful votes
6. Re: English breakfast

Agree with Badgerlad

There are loads of Places serving good English food in Goa.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
10 reviews
14 helpful votes
7. Re: English breakfast

Where did you get that information from Franco? Sounds unbelievable but nothing surprises me in Goa. In Gokarna for instance they only serve beer or rum for some reson (I know that Gokana is not in Goa; it's the next state to the south).

Edited: 9:50 am, August 23, 2018
Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
42 reviews
22 helpful votes
8. Re: English breakfast

No matter where you go in the world there is always somewhere that advirtises Full English Breakfast ??? We Brits are gullible to fall for it. sausage = frankferter ?? Bacon = not sure ?? not the same as british sausage or bacon, no Black pud, eggs MIGHT be simular as maybe the toast. Wait until you get home & have a proper English Breakfast I'm sure you will enjoy it more.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
42 reviews
69 helpful votes
9. Re: English breakfast

The wife enjoys her take on a full English when on holiday far more than at home because she doesn't have to cook it :-).

The old Why Not used to do black pudding as well as fried bread, real bacon and sausage bought over from UK and I think Tashi still does.

Restaurants will cater for whatever potential customers want if it means them spending cash in their place rather than next door.

You'll be telling the domestic tourists to stop eating Domino's, KFC and Mcdonalds next. You're in Goa you shouldn't be eating American or Italian 'food' you should all be having Indian food because you're in India!!

Margate, England...
9 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
10. Re: English breakfast

Thanks for t he replys.

We are looking forward to our trip to G oa and especially eating the Indian food.

We felt that in no way was our question unreasonable and know the saying when in Rome blaa blaa.

Maybe our question was misinterpreted or people are too opinionated but would the answer have been different if I asked who does the best Indian breakfast???? Lol

Reply to: English breakfast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agonda
Recent Conversations