We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountaintop Restaurant

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Mountaintop Restaurant

My wife and I are planning a trip to Vancouver. Many years ago I had lunch with a customer at a restaurant at the top of a mountain near Port Moody. It was a perfectly clear day and we could see Mt. Baker and other mountains. They had a good menu and great service.

I would like to take the wife to this restaurant. It has been so long ago that the restaurant may not exist. Any ideas as to which one it could be? I don't think that it was Grouse Mountain.

5 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,092 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountaintop Restaurant

I think you are looking for Horizons Restaurant on top of Burnaby Mountain. And they are open again after redoing their place.

http://www.horizonsrestaurant.com/

http://goo.gl/maps/j8a6M

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountaintop Restaurant

Thank you for your quick reply.

It must have been when it was the Owl and Oarsman. The Horizon looks even better. All but a few Tripadisor reviews were excellent or good. We will try for lunch and hope for clear day.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,600 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mountaintop Restaurant

Horizons was my first thought, but the view is west from there and you probably wouldn't see Mount Baker. There are a couple of golf courses up on Eagle Ridge that look south and east that might be what you are thinking of. We used to go to Hazards at the Westwood Golf course all the time, which has a fantastic south facing view, but the last time we went up, they had changed management and were no longer doing breakfast, so we didn't eat there that morning and we haven't had a chance to go back, so I can't say if its still good.

westwoodplateaugolf.com/hazards-restaurant/…

There's another golf club up there, but I haven't been there for over 10 years and I'm not sure what the view is like from that one.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mountaintop Restaurant

That looks more like the view, but I do not remember the golf course. It looks like a good alternative to Horizins.

Thanks again for your help.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,600 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mountaintop Restaurant

Horizon's is a lovely restaurant with a terrific view. You wouldn't be disappointed with that choice.

Reply to: Mountaintop Restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Moody