We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Kutaisi

usa
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Kutaisi

Hi, Planning a trip to Georgia next year and would like some info on kutaisi. First on the train from Tbilisi is there first class on the express day train as well as the one to batumi? Is the city safe? i seem to read different views on this. And is it worth it. i was going to fly from Tbilisi to Batume but am thinking of seeing more of Georgia? What do you think.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Kutaisi

I wouldn't know why Kutaisi or any of Georgia wouldn't be safe. For trains, just go to the train station when you're in Tbilisi and buy a ticket. There will be trains and buses everyday, also to Batumi. I would only fly if you have to much money on your hands.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Kutaisi

No convenient train to Kutaisi. Go by bus.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Kutaisi

Hmm I just came back from Georgia and I don't understand why people are giving the impression that Georgia is not safe. Come on its safer than you can imagine!

Take the minivan from Tbilisi to Kutaisi. Its more convenient and you will arrive at Kutaisi bus terminal (if you call that one) which is behind MacDonalds.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on Kutaisi

I agree the minibus was fine in my experience (couple of weeks ago), but not much space for luggage. The driver really puts his foot to the floor. From looking around Kutaisi my recommendation would be not to bother (sorry Kutaisians!). If you are like me and just want to say you've been you won't heed this advice, of course!

Oh, and if you are travelling independently there I strongly recommend you learn the Georgian alphabet before you get there.

Edited: 1:05 pm, September 29, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on Kutaisi

I got the train from Tbilisi to Batumi and back last month, which goes through Kutaisi.

Second class is perfectly fine with wi-fi and comfortable seats on the day train, and I don't think there is any 'first class' on the night train - all the accommodation is the same. Maybe if you get a first class ticket only two of the bunks are folded down, rather than four, but otherwise the accommodation is identical.

6. Re: Info on Kutaisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 04, 2013
Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Info on Kutaisi

Hallo,

When you exit airport, you can see taxi. Its better to wait for private taxi (not cars waiting at the entrance- expencive ones). Ask him to take you to OKRIBA BUS STATION. It will cost you about 15 USD. At the front of the station you can see mini buses, ask for Kutaisi. IT will cost 10 GEL about 6 USD. Mini mus will take you to Kutaisi Bus Station

Regards,

Giorgi

8. Re: Info on Kutaisi

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 04, 2013
9. Re: Info on Kutaisi

Removed on: 5:35 am, June 05, 2014
10. Re: Info on Kutaisi

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kutaisi