We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches - Camiguin

CPH
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches - Camiguin

Hi all,

We are going to Camiguin in April, and want what everyone else wants. Nice accomodation, friendly staff, a couple of cocktails, snorkling on reefs as well as a nice dip in the ocean from our resort.

Where can we get this on Camiguin?

From the looks of it, there are not a lot of nice beach, and the places that has a beach dont have nice bungalows of a decent standard on the beach front. BUT, please prove us wrong, and send some good advice in our direction.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Simon & Nanna

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
2,060 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches - Camiguin

When I visited Camiguin Island, I did not go to Cataan Beach or the Sunken Cemetery, but this article suggests that both have good to excellent snorkelling:

traveltwins.dk/SE%20ASIA/…20site.htm

I visisted (and reviewed on TA) White Island, which is a lovely sandbar: there were no fish, perhaps the result of previous dynamite fishing.

I did not visit Mantique Island which is 2 to 3 kilometres off Camiguin Island: it may also offer snorkelling.

Look at 'Camiguin Island accommodation' on TA: the occasional new facility has opened in the last couple of years such as the Roof Top Hotel.

Camiguin can be approached from either Cagayan de Oro (hydrofoil, which I have not travelled on); Balingoan (one hour RoRo ferry, catch bus ex C de Oro to connect) or Jagna, Bohol (the daily RoRo ferry leaves Jagna at 1300 and in the good weather when I did it was an idyllic four hour trip in azure seas.

CPH
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches - Camiguin

Thanks a lot. We will definitely go to both Islands and climp Hibok Hibok.

Cheers,

Simon & Nanna

3. Re: Beaches - Camiguin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mambajao