We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

Thundersley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

We are looking for a reliable car hire firm which would enable us to collect from and return to Dalaman airport. We would prefer a company where all insurance charges are included from the outset (last year we had to pay Avis extra, at the airport, for tyres and undercarriage). Also, if possible, we would like to pay cash. Any recommendations welcome.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

I'm researching the same...

These chaps seem well recommended on the forums?

http://www.carhiredalamanturkey.com/

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

I would recommend Metro Car from Dalaman - used them many times in the past, always reliable, good cars etc etc. We always took the optional extra to pay for the extra insurance (which covers tyres, broken glass etc and is worth it I reckon cos you never know with some of the roads you might be going along But we paid that upfront as a couple of quid add on to basic quoted price.

I would give you a link to their website - but it seems to be temporarily undergoing work. So here is a link to a previous TA thread with suggestions:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g811172-i12779-k…

London, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

I can highly recommend Dalaman Cars. We have used them for the last few years and will be using them again in two weeks time. They meet you at arrivals with the car, they will accept cash in all major currencies and their office for the return is right by the Terminal. The cars have always been clean and in good order.

Elland, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

We always use Metro. Great service, when we had a problem with the first car we hired they brought us out a new car within an hour after 10 on a Sunday night and returned the other car to us the following afternoon.

Very professional service.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

We have used metrocar rental in dalaman a few times...they are very polite and courteous. Prices are very competetive.,.will without doubt use them whenever we are in dalaman.they will be at the airport whatever time you arrive..we got to dalaman at 1 am....great service.

Edited: 3:02 pm, June 25, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

I have just booked online with Avis, picking up from Antalya and dropping off at Dalaman, there were no damage excesses, all was included except PAI.

I had one year ago an awful experience with circular car hire out of Dalaman, I was met at the airport taken to my car and asked for the balance in CASH, which I didn't have, I had to pay to get out of the airport and was taken to their office, where the CC machine was broken, I was then at One in the morning driven to a cash point to get £400 in Turkish out. When I complained to the broker economy car rentals all they said was we will notify the agent of my issues.

Stick with a big name, that what I have done this year even though its cost me £3-5 a day more.

7. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 am, June 14, 2017
Leeds
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

We're looking to hire a car for 12 days from 31 July. Had a quick look on net and the cheapest was around £200 - is this around the price we'll have to pay or does anyone know anything cheaper?

9. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 am, June 14, 2017
Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire from Dalaman Airport.

We have used Dalaman Cars for many years now. Cars all new/not very old. Very competitive price with no hard sell on extras (on that front use eg Insurance4cars to cover excesses). Return with petrol at level on collection. All very easy all round. Highly recommended.

Get answers to your questions about Dalaman
Recent Conversations