We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips or overnight stays ideas

Which Dalaman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips or overnight stays ideas

We are looking to book a 10 night stay at the Hilton Resort in Dalaman with our 3 children 10 yrs,8 yrs and 5 yrs. We would like to have a break from the resort and do at least one or two day trips or if need be ( if the drive is over 2 1/2 hours one way) an over night stay away from the resort in order to see other parts of the region.

Like the idea of perhaps Ephesus and Pamukkale or Rhodes but have no idea on how to go about arranging transport, hotel perhaps a guide etc.

I'd also like to know of any other trip ideas anyone may have that would be appropriate for us as a family.

Thanks

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips or overnight stays ideas

The trips you have mentioned would be great,you can book in resort.Also you could take a trip to Fethiye,a nice working town & a little further on is Olu Deniz with it's Blue Lagoon.Nice for a day or two.Look them up to see if they suit you.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips or overnight stays ideas

The Hilton Dalaman Resort & Spa is a 10 minute walk to Sarigerme town which is 12km from Dalaman, I believe there is no dolmus service (local minibus) so you would have to use a taxi. I suggest you re-post on the Sarigerme forum for more local info as there will be tour shops in the village offering day trips (perhaps the overnighter to Ephesus and Pamukkale which I have done from Fethiye). Hotels are very simply booked on the internet, use TA reviews to select a suitable one.

I definitely agree with the post above about Fethiye and Olu Deniz but although public transport is very reliable and cheap in Turkey it not easy from the base you have chosen. You can often book a local man with a car to take you to your preferred trips but it is quite a distance to Ephesus and Pamukkale and Rhodes would also be a long day out especially for the children and these sites are very busy. You may consider hiring a car?

As you have young children my suggestions are Dalyan which is not far (22km). You would be able to be rowed over the river to visit the ancient Carian city of Caunos or down the river by boat to lovely Iztuzu beach where the turtles lay their eggs (watch the videos on the websites below).

www.dalyanguide.co.uk/DalyanCaunos.html

http://www.dalyanguide.co.uk/iztuzu.html

You can get to Dalyan from Sarigerme via Ortaca town if you decide to take public transport (dolmus).

Saklikent Gorge and Kayakoy (ghost village) all reachable from Fethiye by dolmus as is Olu Deniz.

This corner of Turkey is truly beautiful. More research required!

South Shields...
Level Contributor
340 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips or overnight stays ideas

Hi

Agree wig others that fethiye and oludeniz could be good for you, dalyan is great and you could try gocek also. There are some great travel companies in the village that do day trips to these places but your own transport ie hire car would be great, especially if you prefer to go independent and spend whole days away. I do think the entertainment re kids at Hilton is a lot more low key than other places in the same area ie holiday village next door and the Thomson place next to that. We met a family during a day at dalyan who were staying at hilton wig their little girl and they were disappointed with the entertainment on offer compared to what they heard coming from our hotel next door. I don't think hilton is geared towards kids. There is a dolmus stop right outside the hotel. The walk into the village is actually more like 30mins and not good in the roasting sunshine and with kids, can get a taxi for 10 lira or dolmus.

4. Re: Day trips or overnight stays ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalaman