We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free at Dalaman airport

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Duty Free at Dalaman airport

Flying to Dalaman in a couple of weeks.

Is it advisable to buy duty free drink, specifically brandy/cognac at UK duty free, supermarket in Turkey or duty free at Dalaman??

Help would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty Free at Dalaman airport

Hi, we usually buy our duty free at Manchester Airport, take as much as you can, 2 litres per person allowed. You can buy at Dalaman but I think its slightly more and its definitely not advisable to buy in a supermarket as it is mega expensive. I think on the return you can bring 1 litre back to UK with you, so don't be cajoled to buying more once you get to Dalaman, the sales people tell you you can take 2 litres back but I don't think thats correct.

Edited: 10:40 am, June 24, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty Free at Dalaman airport

Thanks for that, guess I'll purchase from the UK then.

Cheers

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty Free at Dalaman airport

Prices for Alcohol this season at Dalaman Airport are below on the 2nd last post.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman, Turkey
4. Re: Duty Free at Dalaman airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Dalaman