We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids ski school program

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Kids ski school program

Hello

Would anyone share their experience with kids ski schools?

Next to our accommodation are two of Flachau's schools Herman Maier and Fischis. Prices of their courses for children are same so that is not a concern.

I can't say what facilities both places have for kids beginners and what their 5 day programs are like. Would the kids get board or they manage to keep it interesting. Not sure how many days to enrol them for, keep thinking that 5 all inclusive will be good option. They are ages 12,8 and 9.

Anyone been in similar situation and want to share their experience?

Thank you for replies

4 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
31,013 posts
82 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Kids ski school program

ypu worry too much. just leave your kids at the school and then go off and enjoy yourselves. all the ski schools are used to handling the kids, even the difficult ones, and if there was any problem you will be told about at at the end of the day. the kids will probably enjoy being away from you for the day, and having fun with the other kids !

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2. Re: Kids ski school program

Yeah I agree I do worry too much.

It's just being very busy February I prefer to pre book the essentials like school and rentals.

Do you have any experience with these particular schools mentioned in my post?

Thanks

Mackay, Australia
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Kids ski school program

How did you go with the Ski School? We arrive in Flachau in March and I am just looking at booking ski school for my 3.5 and 5.5. year olds? The weather looks fabulous - hope you ended or do end up having a great time.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4. Re: Kids ski school program

Hi. I ended up booking Fischis and only reason being we stayed at Alpenarena and school was on the doorstep, very convenient. Also at very beginning stage ( and mine 2 were, never skied before ) they had lunch at our hotel and that was also very handy.

I can’t compare schools as I have never used in the past. They were ok for my kids ( 8&11) but I wasn’t impressed overall.

Very disorganised in the mornings and that doesn’t give you confidence to drop off and go ski yourself. Few of the days lunch breaks dragged longer than an hour. After 2/3 day when kids advance and are taken up the mountain on the big slopes you have to collect them from there 15 min early. I was ok with this but if you don’t ski you have to make plans.

On the 5th day it was a race organised and ceremony for giving medals. It was sweet ceremony but it was hardly any skiing that day. Race was for all ski schools and waiting for a turn was over an hour. Add one hour lunch break and finish also an hour early because of ceremony.... and there is total of a whole day wasted. 3 day lift passes for 2 hours skiing, 100 eu down the drain.

Overall kids learned quickly but first thing they asked for this year was....’do we have to go to ski school?’

There are prons and cons with ski school. Maybe second time around I would go for half day option rather than all inclusive.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions.

Take care and hope you have great time

Reply to: Kids ski school program
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Flachau