We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer vacation - recommended lodges?

Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Summer vacation - recommended lodges?

Hi,

We're 2 adults and 3 children and looking for an apartment for 10 days. We'd want a close by grocery store, ground floor with private yard if possible and easy to get in and out, but not on the main road.

Any pointers to good locations so that I can hunt for lodges myself would also be welcome

2 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
7,672 posts
74 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Summer vacation - recommended lodges?

You should check the local tourism page:

flachau.com/en/…flachau-summer-card.html

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
2. Re: Summer vacation - recommended lodges?

Hallo,

for summer holidays I can personally recommend you Carinthia because you can find a lot of nice lakes like the Woerthersee (largest lake in Carinthia), Faaker See, Ossiacher See, Weissensee or the Millstaetter See. At the Woerthersee you can find a nice attraction for the children named Minimundus (www.minimundus.at/en/) At Minimundus you will see sights from all over the world in a smaller Version. Next to the Minimundus there is also a reptile zoo which I personally enjoyed a lot when I was there a few years ago (www.reptilienzoo.at/en/).

Another idea would be to go to Salzburgerland where you can find for example the Lake Wolfgang, Lake Fuschl or Zeller See.

In Salzburg it would be a nice idea for the children to visit the Salt Mine: www.salzwelten.at/en/home/

Salzburg City is also very beautiful and worth seeing.

If you are more interested in hiking I can recommend you Schladming-Dachstein or the Zillertal Alps Nature Park.

I hope this helps you to find the best region for you in Austria for your summer Holiday!

Anna

Reply to: Summer vacation - recommended lodges?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Flachau