We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st post

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Topic
1st post

I could not resist the first post on the new forum for Agios Prokopios. I am not sure it needs one all of its own but now its here lets use it. Who is going to ask the first proper question ?

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st post

No proper question. I can't imagine why we need a separate forum for Agio Prokopios, like why is there a separate one for Naxos City? Certainly, Naxos is a big island but if this continues we'll start seeing forums for the villages, Apollonas, Plaka, Pyrgaki...

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,955 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st post

I agree with settecento.

3. Re: 1st post

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, October 28, 2009
Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st post

The reason Lindos has its own forum is that it is needed given its huge popularity with travellers.

With more than 1,700 threads it has averaged a new thread daily since it was set up 4 years ago so it is obviously something that people want. In the same period Nauplion has averaged 146 threads posted, an average of 1 thread every 10 days.

I don't necessarily think that the criteria for destinations having their own forum should be how many people are interested in it but if TA did work this way I fear Nauplion would be in the firing line Jan !!

Cheers

Eddie

London
Level Contributor
791 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st post

tjan

It's such a shame that you found it appropriate to bring Lindos into this thread for no apparent reason! Was is really necessary to insult regular visitors to Lindos by saying "Lindos has it's own little corner for package holiday-makers" - This post was insulting on many counts:

Not all visitors to Lindos use package deals (not that there is anything wrong with that! ) In fact there are not many package deals available in the village anymore . So for package deal visitors and independant visitors this comment comes across as derogatory!

There are many more resorts/villages on the Greek Islands with their own "little corners" as you put it, with far less importance (historically, popularity) that you could have used for your example instead of Lindos.

I'm also pretty sure that most posters on the Lindos forum wouldn't find it a hardship to bunk up with the rest of the Rhodes-posters if need be.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st post

I missed the post that was removed, but what do Lindos and Nauplion have to do with Naxos? I don't see much comparison.

London
Level Contributor
791 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st post

Exactly settecento!

I'm affraid that certain tourists of other parts of Greece never miss an opportunity to knock Lindos whenever they can for reasons of their own.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st post

I didn't mean to offend members of the Lindos community and i apologize ... I was just struck by the large numbers of people who post on Lindos, and the numbers coming here as contrasted with little Prokopios, but obviuosly I expressed myself badly, so let's let it drop; thanks.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st post

Hi settecento

The reason is that the author of the removed post is a DE for Nauplion & that the post mentioned that Lindos had it's own little corner rather than being lumped in with Rhodes as a whole. I hope that helps to explain the situation which, without being able to see the removed post, would have been confusing.

Cheers

Eddie

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st post

Ah, now I understand it better. Rhodes is a HUGE island with a huge resident population and hundreds of thousands of tourists every year, and for this reason it stands to reason it would rate several separate sub-forums. Again though, there's no comparison with Naxo numbers.

Travelerjan is a highly respected contributor to the Naxos forum and is highly knowledgeable of everything that goes on on the island. Knowing how she gives her valuable advice I'm certain she had no intention of offending Lindos. Besides Nauplion, she is highly qualified to be one of the DE's for Naxos.

Get answers to your questions about Agios Prokopios
Recent Conversations
More Agios Prokopios Topics