We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladispoli

Bradford...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ladispoli

Hello all! My fiance and I are staying in Ladispoli for our honeymoon this August. We will probably make two or three day trips into Rome, but what else is good? I can't seem to find too much online about Ladispoli. Is it just that small? What other small towns might be nice to check out while we're there? Thank you for any and all help you can provide! Grazie!

Mentioned in this post
Ladispoli
Ladispoli
Province of Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
2 replies to this topic
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,411 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladispoli

I recently (March 2014)rode though Ladispoli on a COTRAL bus on the way to nearby Cerveteri where there is a Etruscan cemetery fron the seventh to third century BC.

Yes Ladispoli is small is is right on the Tyrrhenean sea (sp?). it did not take much time to drive through it. We made several stops to drop people off in it before our bus route terminated in Cerveteri. It is small and modern looking (at least the part the bus drove through). are your driving or taking the bus to Rome.

I can recommend the Etruscan necropolis and the museum in nearby Cerveteri

On the way there fron Rome on the COTRAL bus, there didn't appear to be too much around.

Mentioned in this post
Ladispoli
Ladispoli
Province of Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Bradford...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladispoli

We are taking the bus. I was thinking about a day trip to Santa Marinella, but I wasn't sure if it would be that much different than Ladispoli. Any recommendations for Rome, outside of the norm? I'm looking for some insider info! Thank you, by the way, for your response!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Marinella
Santa Marinella
Province of Rome, Italy
Ladispoli
Ladispoli
Province of Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Reply to: Ladispoli
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted