We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi

Hi, I'm looking to travel from Helsinki Airport to Kuusirinne 3, near Nurmijarvi, preferably using public transport. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks - ML

Edited: 7:40 am, August 24, 2012
6 replies to this topic
Burgess Hill
Level Contributor
320 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi

Try the HSL journey planner. I put in your details and it offered me a few options:

http://www.reittiopas.fi/en/

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi

I put the details in the planner as well and it changed them to Kuusijärvi in Vantaa, wich is a totally different location. As fas as I know, Nurmijärvi is not covered by the HSL journey planner :(

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi

This has happened to me a on a couple of occassions with other route planners.

Thanks for your feedback.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi

I have never made the trip but based on information on the Web you can get pretty close by taking the bus and the buses are fairly frequent, too. However, you will have to go the last 1.2 km on foot or in a taxi.

From the Helsinki-Vantaa airport you have to catch a bus going towards Riihimäki (and eventually Tampere), but you must ask for a ticket to Nurmijärvi, since the ticket to Riihimäki is more expensive. I think it should be a bit less than 10 euros to Nurmijärvi. Quite a few departures make you switch buses in Keimolanportti after which Nurmijärvi will be the second stop in about 10 minutes. Travel time from the airport would be about 25 minutes. You can find the schedules on http://www.matkahuolto.info/lippu/en/ using "Helsinki-Vantaa" and "Riihimäki" as the departure and destination points.

The catch is that the bus does not stop in Nurmijärvi town but on an off-ramp of the motorway to Tampere. You need to press the stop signal for the right stop or ask the driver to stop at exit 13 in Nurmijärvi www.matkahuolto.info/lippu/en/stop… . Once you arrive there you may feel that you are in the middle of nowhere, although the bus stop is less than 1.2 km away from Kuusirinne. At this point you can either start walking using a map, or call for a taxi. The taxi number in Nurmijärvi area is 01007300. The taxi cost should be 9-12 euros.

The easiest solution would be taking a taxi all the way to Kuusirinne. The cost should be 50-60 euros. If you are not traveling alone, taking a taxi all the way will be relatively cheaper.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi

This sounds like a plan!... Thanks for these details.

M

Reply to: Public Transport From Helsinki Airport to Nurmijarvi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nurmijarvi