We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

Which Las Galeras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sewickley...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

We are planning our spring trip with our sons, 17 & 18. I'd like to know which area would be the best for them to have some freedom exploring, while still be safe. They are both fluent in Spanish, experienced snorkelers, strong swimmers, experienced quad drivers, love to hike, and are very independent.

I'm considering either Las Terrenas or Las Galeras areas, but open to other suggestions. Prefer close to beaches so they can go without us if they wanted to, but also close enough to a town that they could walk into town if they wanted to go get some food or just explore.

Also, if you have recommendations for rentals or small hotels - we do not like big resorts. Thanks!!

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

Hi

Sounds as though Las Galeras would be the better option for you and your sons. It is small enough that there is still a real community spirit but large enough that they can explore the many attractions we have here. We have some of the best safest snorkel areas that are easily accessible, quad hire and excursions aplenty, horse riding, walking, some great dry caves (very safe) to explore as well as scuba diving, fishing, cliff jumping.... the list goes on! Add to that some great reasonably priced 'European' restaurants and some Dominican Comedors that sell very tasty fresh food. There are countless places to stay but it depends on your budget and your taste, let us know and we can suggest a few places for you.

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

Hi

Sounds as though Las Galeras would be the better option for you and your sons. It is small enough that there is still a real community spirit but large enough that they can explore the many attractions we have here. We have some of the best safest snorkel areas that are easily accessible, quad hire and excursions aplenty, horse riding, walking, some great dry caves (very safe) to explore as well as scuba diving, fishing, cliff jumping.... the list goes on! Add to that some great reasonably priced 'European' restaurants and some Dominican Comedors that sell very tasty fresh food. There are countless places to stay but it depends on your budget and your taste, let us know and we can suggest a few places for you.

Sewickley...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

Thanks for the information. As far as a place to stay, I'd like to keep it under $1500 for a week. We tend to like homes or condos better than big hotels. Small hotels or b&b are also an option.

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

It sounds as though this would be perfect for you

http://www.chalettropical.com/ but I do not know what availability Sarah (the very professional owner) has. Suggest you contact her asap. A couple of other good places to consider are Hotel Todo Blanco (the rooms are very nice and it's right on the beach) their website is http://www.hoteltodoblanco.com/ and El Cabito ( I think your sons would love this and they can sleep very cheaply in hammocks there.... their website is www.http://elcabito.net/

Let me know if you need any more choices!

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

I'd recommend the Hotel Todo Blanco . Beautiful spot. View will blow your mind and it's very quaint.

Tour Samana With Terry

Sewickley...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

Thanks for the input. We are reserved at Todo Blanco. Looking forward to a great week.

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

Glad to have been of help! We know you will enjoy your stay here and if you need any assistance, let us know - information and advice is always free.

Looking forward to meeting you all

8. Re: Las Galeras or Las Terrenas for Teen Boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 11, 2014