We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours and Excursions

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tours and Excursions

Hey! I have looked at many, many tour companies in Jamaica. I am not really hip on some of the tours offered. I am looking for a calm sunset cruise. I would just like an evening with a few drinks rather than a raging party on a boat. When I search I only come up with a boat ride to Rick's in Negril. Any suggestions? Are the booze cruises all right? I don't mind a bit of partying, but I would like to relax as well.

United States
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours and Excursions

For a complete list of things to see in and around Luce see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g793509-c160056/Lucea…

For other tours from Lucea see the following see the following

www.palladiumaddict.net/jamaica-lucea/…

Keep in mind that almost all of the tours listed in the previous reference are 25 mi., one way, or more from the Grand Palladium.

"Are the booze cruises all right?"

Yes they are, I have take one on a number of occasions. For an operator see the following

http://www.negrilcruises.com/index.html

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours and Excursions

Thank you for the info. I have looked through all of that more than once. LOL I emailed a company about a transfer from the hotel to Montego and it was going to be $60 a person. Is that normal? Does the hotel offer cheaper transfers for the excursions located in Negril or Mobay?

Edited: 9:38 am, August 05, 2013
United States
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours and Excursions

Shared transfers from the airport to the Grand Palladium should run about $US20 per person one way.

A private transfer from the airport to the Grand Palladium should be in the $US60 to $US80 range, one way, for 1 to 4 people (priced on a per car basis). The exact amount you pay depends on how well you can bargain. You need to keep in mind that the Grand Palladium is the only significant hotel in the Lucea area and is in fact not in Lucea but is located several miles out of town.

4. Re: Tours and Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 07, 2014