We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

humidity in august

glasgow
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
humidity in august

looking forward to my 2 week break in late august. just need to ask is the humidity really bad i book these wonderful trips every year and it feels like im at work because i need to tie my hair back all the time or i end up looking like monica from friends when she went to barbados lol, my question is......is it really that bad that i wont be able to do my hair? i know all you ladies out there will understand so no sarcastic comments please lol xx

ny
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: humidity in august

according to chart i found on the web, august has the lowest humidity of the entire year, (kingston referenced) at about 71% .

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: humidity in august

We found August to be rather hot and humid.

If you are worried about your hair, forget about it right now. The humidity will probably wreak havoc with your hair. Accept it now. If you accept it now, it won't ruin your vacation when it actually happens. Take lots of hair ties. And I'm a guy, but I do have hair down past my shoulder blades. I just tie it back every trip. You can try to style it, and it might last for a little while, but don't expect it to last all evening.

Edited: 10:26 am, June 12, 2012
lincoln, england
Level Contributor
911 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: humidity in august

Whichever month I got to the Caribbean I have 'Monica' hair but I find it helps me to use shampoo, conditioner and also leave in conditioner by MOP, I don't waste time using straighteners and just leave it natural or tied back, enjoy your hols!

glasgow
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: humidity in august

thanks for all your replies much appreciated - hair back it is then lol and i do have straight hair but everytime i go to caribbean it has a mind of its own lol xxx thank you xx

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: humidity in august

What's the weather like out there? "It's hot! Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking." Well, tell me what it feels like. "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?"

Sorry but I had to do it!

lincoln, england
Level Contributor
911 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: humidity in august

Thank you, Roosevelt!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,832 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: humidity in august

During August, the humidity in Negril is, historically, at an average of 82 percent as a peak. There are other months when the humidity is higher.

Having said that, the August temp is at its yearly peak so that temperature makes the humidity feel awful.

My Liz takes the attitude that she is on vacation and not going to a fashion-focused resort. She does not care what the humidity does to her hair and nor do I. She returns from her dive and just combs her hair and that is that. She takes a shower before our dinner, combs her hair and that is that.

Historically, the humidity in Negril is at a peak in December, but the temp is so low that it feels like nothing.

Edited: 11:31 pm, June 14, 2012
glasgow
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: humidity in august

ok get the picture so calm down!!!!!! a bit over excited their!!!

FYI - YOURKILLINGME!!!

Edited: 4:25 pm, June 17, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
98 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: humidity in august

Take a clip and plan on putting your hair up the whole time you are there. It will be humid and your hair will be frizzy the whole time! No worries mon! It's all erie!

Also take a bandana to cover your head or a hat.

Edited: 11:49 am, June 28, 2012
10. Re: humidity in august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, June 30, 2013