We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

Englehart, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
“ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

Which would have the better beach. I love a beach with a sandy bottom and no seaweed to walk on.

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

Neither is what one would call a "Beach" resort. Sunset cove at Palladium is very nice with a clean sandy bottom.

I haven't been to GBP but, I have been to GP twice and on amenities alone I would chose Palladium.

I'm sure those that have been to both will be along shortly.

Englehart, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

There are two Palladium Lady Hamilton and Jamaica. Do you know what the difference is and which one did yu stay at.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

The Lady Hamilton and Jamaica distinction just indicates which side of the Main building your room is on. Rooms are identical and they all share the same facilities. If you look at a resort map, the Lady Hamilton side is more ideal (IMHO) since it is closer to Sunset Cove and the Spa and adults only pool. The main stage and the sports bar is on that side also. Geography wise it is laid out more "square" than rectangle, therefore decreases your chances of a really really long walk from your room to the main building.

Englehart, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

Thank you

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
491 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

We liked that you didn't have to make dinner reservations at Palladium and you weren't limited. Also, the liquor selections were decent and at Bahia you pay extra for better selections.

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

Due to proximity to amenities the Lady Hamilton generally prices $300-$400 more per week so I book the Jamaica side and use the cash for excursions.

I go for 2 weeks and that equals ALOT of excursions. A little walking will help work off some of the food and liquor!

Englehart, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

Thank you everyone. I am now trying to decide on the Bahia Principie or the Paladium which are both around the same price. I love a sandy beach?

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

Go here for the Palladium webcams to get an idea of what Palladium has to offer:

www.palladiumaddict.net/jamaica-lucea/…

Powhatan, VA
Level Contributor
421 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

if you have specific destinations for excursions that might influence your decision...GP is towards Negril about 45 mins from airport

GBP is towards Ochi from the airport...about 1 hr 15 mins

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: “ Grand Palladium or Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica?

Beach is man-made at Grand Palladium and a little rocky...good for snorkeling tho'. GP is halfway to Negril and Seven Mile beach which is extraordinary! Beware the higglers! We have stayed at GP Jamaica and Gran Bahia Punta Cana, and we prefer the GP...even when at capacity it's not crowded. Ever tings' irie mon!