We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium questions??

Which Lucea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Palladium questions??

Hi, I'm going to the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton in April 2012 for my wedding and I have some questions. Any help would be appreciated!!

Are there elevators?

What areas are best for rooms?

Is there a good trolley system throughout the resort?

Is the Poseidon restaurant an open area? (we are having our private supper there and would love to have a place with a breeze).

Any recommendations for shopping/excursions?

Any other tips or info would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance :)

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,512 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

I would look elsewhere. Its massive and the reviews are not great. They also appear to have a theft problem. You might want to look at the Iberostar Grand or Suites.

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

When are you going??? I will be there April 1-11!

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

We are thinking about going from April 12th - 19th, 2012? Our travel agent recommended this resort!

gowen
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

I am going to the lady in july. please check out suites in buildings 29 and 33 for us. we are a young couple always on our honeymoon in our sixties and have stayed at other grand palladiums and have had great everything.. thanks you snowman

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

I would ask if your travel agent has stayed there. And why she recommends it.

Leamington, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

We are going in January 2012 and was told by a close friend that the resort is beautiful. The food is excellent and the rooms large.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
397 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

We are looking at going in May. percentage wise the reviews are actually quite good. better than most. Every resort has it's whiners. For example one of the most recent reviews is from Rod B. I went and looked at Rod's past reviews. the only ones he has posted are 3 bad reviews of different places. I don't know for sure but it seems like some people are just never happy. But for having 1324 average or better reviews and only 282 less than average reviews, I like those odds. just my opinion.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

Some people have a great time there, others, including me, not so much. There have been issues with theft from the rooms, including the in-room safe. I found the resort was very noisy (the walls in the suites are paper thin) and the food was not very good. The resort looks great but the construction was done cheaply. The only other drawback was its' isolated location. While I would not advise people to stay away, I would encourage them to look elsewhere, however the price is very reasonable and I think that is its' biggest attraction.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
397 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

GD, That is a big attraction. We don't mind the isolation as we usually stay at "starfish" Breezes Trelawny. We can get GP at about the same price. So to check out that side of the island at a great price...why not? Safe thefts are a concern. but I guess it COULD happen anywhere.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Grand Palladium questions??

BB, absolutely agree with you. And I suggest taking the resort excursion to Negril - it's $15 or $20pp.

Thieves are everywhere and they will take advantage of any opportunity however small. The electronic safes can be secured using a Milockie Hotel Safe Lock - corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/milockie-h…

I also suggest you bring earplugs. When we visited, one of the motorized shuttle carts was missing a muffler, so it was very loud when it was zipping around the resort. The other big noise issue was with people slamming the doors to their suites. Each of the villas has a small central courtyard that amplifies the noise of the doors closing, which at times sounded like small cannon fire.

If you like birds, check out Rocklands bird sanctuary - very cool experience, be sure to bring your cameras. Last but not least there's supposed to be some good snorkeling off Coral Beach (adults only).

Like I said GP wouldn't be my first choice but for the price it is hard to beat. We went there on the recommendation of someone else, which was a mistake because her vacation style is quite the opposite of ours. We're not the types to stay on the resort and we've since come to the conclusion that AI is not necessary for us, as we seldom take advantage of all the resort has to offer and my wife doesn't drink, so the only appeal is not having to worry about the cost of meals.

Vacations are what you make of them. Though we wouldn't go back we still had a good vacation, but definitely enjoyed getting out and about more so than hanging out at GP.

Edited: 7:48 am, November 08, 2011