We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

Regina
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

Ok.... first snowfall just fell this week.. and all I can think about it our holiday!!!!! I am sooo excited, it is our first trip to Jamaica. We will be there Jan 24 to Feb 7th.... Who else is in??

Chicago
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

Wow, Jamaica4u

They ought to pay YOU to visit their resort!

We're going to the Lady Hamilton in March.

Can you answer a few questions?

Is there a building to avoid? A building to request? We don't mind strenuous walking, esp. w/ a Red Stripe in hand!

The official website of the hotel's mgt says reservations are required for the ala carte rest. but the palladium addict website link shows that they use a pager system and no reservations can be made - first come, first serve.

Can you tell me which is accurate and, if reservations are required, do you have a contact email for someone to make reservations with before we get to Jamaica? This always works out so great.

Belcamp
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

We have a group going on May. Total of about 25 coming from Baltimore MD. Cant wait first time for some people! Count down has begun!!!!

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

Hi ddisher,

"Wow, Jamaica4u

They ought to pay YOU to visit their resort!"

You Think! LOL

"Is there a building to avoid? A building to request? We don't mind strenuous walking, esp. w/ a Red Stripe in hand!"

I can't tell you a building to avoid as both of our experieces were GREAT! Here is what I can tell you:

Our first visit we were booked in a Jr. Suite on the Jamaica side in Building 1518. It was very nice however, it didn't offer quite the view we were accustom to while vacationing in Jamaica. No Problem Mon!, We kindly requested an ocean view room and they delivered without hesitation. We were moved next door to a 1 BR Suite 1519. Now, that's what I'm talking about. Great view of the ocean from the bedroom balcony and the LR balcony. Yes, Highly Recommend Bldg # 1519.

Our second visit we were afforded the Romance Villa (LH) which offered a SPECTACULAR view of the ocean. We were in Villa number 3033 titled "Birth of Paradise" which was approximately 25 steps from the ocean. The villa was not as large as the 1br suite, but it provided more privacy, HOT TUB large enough to seat 4 and an AMAZING OUTDOOR SHOWER!

"The official website of the hotel's mgt says reservations are required for the ala carte rest. but the palladium addict website link shows that they use a pager system and no reservations can be made - first come, first serve."

The Palladium addict website is correct! No Reservations are Required.

Both times we were at GPJ Resort, they used a pager system only if it was a wait for the ala carte restaurants.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask, send pm or via email:

ddgpublishing@comcast.net

Respectfully,

Jamaica4u

saskatchewan
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

there's going to be 4 of us (2 couples) from moose jaw going there on the 31st of jan till the 7th of feb.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

My girlfriend and I just booked for February 25th! Anyone else going around then? Guess I should post another thread!

Jamaica4u....did you have to pay extra to get the ocean view upgrade? I've heard that we should email our requests a week ahead. Anyone have any feedback on which villas are better...again I've heard close to the adult pool is good and easily accesible for drinks in the evening!

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

Hi CambridgeGriffy,

"Jamaica4u....did you have to pay extra to get the ocean view upgrade?"

We were granted OV upgrade both times at not additional charge. The Staff is Awesome & the Customer Service is top notch.

"I've heard that we should email our requests a week ahead."

That is sound advise! Please remember request are based soley on availabilty.

" Anyone have any feedback on which villas are better...again I've heard close to the adult pool is good and easily accesible for drinks in the evening!"

We enjoyed this location as well. Our Romance Villa 3033 was literally 30 steps from the adult pool & 25 steps from the Beach.

Are we there yet!

Respectfully,

Jamaica4u

Moose Jaw
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

I see your from Regina

Myself and my Wife and another couple will be there from Jan 31- Feb 7th, we are from MJ

Our first trip to Jamaica and can"t wait !!!

Regina
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

paq01...

hey! I lived in Moose Jaw for about 6 years, worked for the City, heck I was in MJ on Sunday! Our second week is your first, so looks like we are probably coming back on the same plane!!

We will be sure to test every drink for you prior to your arrival! lol

cheers!

19. Re: Lady Hamilton in Jan.. Who's going?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 19, 2010