We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

Which Korolevu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

The Warwick Fiji Resort and Spa does not have a horse riding facility, however, there is a horse riding activity operated by locals at the Suva end of the beach. It is approximately a 30 metre walk from the edge of the Warwick property. You will notice a horse riding sign out the front of a small shop - this is where you can organise your horse ride.

You can choose from a one hour or 30 minute ride along the clear waters of the Coral Coast. There are horses for all skill levels: from experienced riders to first timers. It is excellent value for money starting from $30 FJD for 30 minutes to $50 FJD for an hour.

You will be taken along the beach by a local who has lived on the settlement his entire life - Koroi. He is a friendly tour guide and will explain to you the local stories, customs and culture. You will meet locals along the way and can have your photo taken with them.

It is an excellent experience and a highlight of any Coral Coast holiday. This activity is not advertised anywhere which means it is not as commercial as the other activities promoted within the resort. Would definitely recommend to anybody staying at the Warwick.

10 replies to this topic
Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

We really wanted to do this when we were there 18mths ago, but having injured my back just days before we arrived, I wasnt able to ride, so I had to give it and the waterfall tour a miss :(

But I agree it would be a lovely way to spend an hour or a great morning doing the waterfall tour.

Maree :D

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

Sounds great, thank you.

I was looking into the waterfall tour and couldn't get any information. Maree, do you have a website or email for the tour?

Thank you

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

I don't think the above post is about the waterfall tour but, having recently been on that particular tour, I can provide input. Maybe it would be better if I did so under a separate heading though, in order to avoid any confusion for future posters.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

evomal,

The following link has information and contact information for the horse riding tour to the waterfalls.

facebook.com/pages/…202614473574

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

Thanks heaps E&CinReno and Dianz. Sorry, the waterfall thing was in the first reply. Sorry I confused things. Was just disappointed when the contact info I had was no good, but am happy now.

Merry Christmas :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

Can anyone tell me whether the ride near the Warick on the beach allows experienced riders to have a canter etc?

adelaide
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

Hi Justin R - we will be in Suva for only 1 day, 8 am and the ship leaves at 6 pm, on a cruise - would this be enough time to do the beach ride?

Can you canter the horses?

And if so, how to organise it as it's not listed on the ship's tours.

Thanks so much - I'd love to do this.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

We are coming to Fiji in September 2015,and would like to book a horse ride for my 8 year old Ella and myself (her mother. How do we go about this.

Nicole Traiforos

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

Welcome to Trip Advisor Nicole. Where abouts are you staying in Fiji? Many places have horse riding offered by locals on a casual basis, you'll see them taking their horses up and down the beach. Often it's a casual thing with no pre-booking required.

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji

we are staying at the Warwick

Reply to: Horse Riding on the Beach - Warwick Resort - Fiji
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Korolevu