We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquarius Beach Resort

Which Boqueron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Aquarius Beach Resort

I wrote a very negative and factual review of this hotel and the manager Senor. Del Torre requested me to contact him. I did and sent him the letter I had written to the hotel of which I never received a response after a month. My review and the letter were factual and in no way embellished. The hotel employees, from reservations to the front desk, totally ruined the start of our honeymoon-period. So Senor. Del Torre requests me to wait while he "investigates" the matter and promised to get back to me. I waited over two months and contacted him again, hoping he at least located our missing items. He responded advising there was nothing he could do and if we want to return he will "take care of us" by making sure everything goes smoothly. So basically I wasted my precious time responding to him in the first place. I'm curious if anyone else with complaints, that Del Torre requested to be contacted about, received the same response. It seems to me the only reason he even responded was to make himself look good, forget the customer.

4 replies to this topic
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquarius Beach Resort

Did you post your negative review on TripAdvisor under the property name?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquarius Beach Resort

Yes, on January 8 of this year. There actually were more problems then I wrote about. I should have posted the letter.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquarius Beach Resort

I had booked 2 nights at your beach resort, Dec 5 and 6, 2013, through Orbitz Prior to our arrival I had sent an e-mail to you requesting a quiet room with a view as we were being married in San Juan that morning and this would be the start of our honeymoon. Had an upcharge been requested by you, I would have paid it, as this was a very exciting time for us. Neither of us has married before and we are older then most honeymooners, to say the least. I never received a response so I crossed my fingers.

We arrived, pulled up to the gate and nothing happened. We waited a minute, booth looked empty, so we drove around looking for another entrance. Finally we returned and went through the exit and a man appeared out of no where screaming at us. Now another car is checking in and one wants to exit. He made us back out of the exit and get back in line, instead of just having us pull over, causing an unnecessary mini traffic jam. Parking guy was OK after he woke up and had his control issues satisfied.

So we checked in and were given a handicapped room, 1st floor, right off of the lobby, facing the street. The exact opposite of what I requested. The receptionist was busy and we were hungry so we decided to adjust the room problem after we ate. The receptionist gave us directions to the restaurants stating, "turn right for the restaurants and left for the beach after you pass the pool". She never mentioned going through a locked gate, walking down a path, opening up a locked large steel gate and walking over the channel bridge. We wandered around for over an hour trying to find our way, the waitress in the pool bar didn't speak English and we never dreamed we needed to use a key to get to the restaurants. By the time we figured everything out and someone showed up at the pool bar that spoke English the restaurants were closed. We didn't eat on our wedding night! We went back to deal with the room issue and the same receptionist was on the phone and put the phone down to deal with us. She was obviously bothered that we interrupted her personal call and told me the room is fine, they'll be no noise as only one person is on that side. I pushed it and so did she. I gave up trying to get a room change and she replaced missing drinking glasses and patio chair. We went to take a shower, no hot water. Not even warm. Front desk said to run it for awhile. We did and it stayed cool, at best. We were way to tired to complain again, we were looking forward to the morning adventure we had planned.

It was an adventure to start with! At around 6am we were awakened by a lot of people hanging around, talking and eating outside. By 645 they were mowing the grass right outside of our balcony. I'm allergic to grass big time and it started coming through our air conditioner. I called the front desk to complain, the person said nothing and transferred me to the head of lawn mowing who was totally rude. I asked him if mowing the lawn at 645 in the morning is normal. His response? "yup" and he hung up. I ended up having to use my Epi-pen, the grass smell was so bad in our room. At 7 in the morning I had an allergy attack! I went to the front desk, a young guy fiddled with the computer to find us a new room and then admitted he was basically security and didn't know what he was doing. I waited until a receptionist arrived for her shift and she found us another room "with an ocean view" to make up for our inconvenience. We hung out in the lobby and outside for a few hours with all of our belongings on a luggage rack, which people were pestering us to use as they were very limited and in big demand. We both felt humiliated. I told the receptionist about my requests I had sent and she said reservations gets that and "you never know". This employee did seem very concerned. By the time we got into the "ocean view" room (you had to strain your neck around a corner to see water) and unpacked, our morning plans were shot. One of the hotel guests followed us to our new room to gain control of the cart! Afterwards we left and had to drive back to the hotel and check the old room for our snorkel gear. Wish I would have looked in the closet, we left the grooms outfit in it when we changed rooms.

We finally enjoyed Boquerón Friday by 3pm. We woke up Saturday morning to find not only no hot water, but no water at all! We waited patiently and finally called the front desk. The water eventually came back on and the toilet sounded like it was going to explode, literally. I've never heard anything like it and we needed to use it after finally getting water. I called down to the desk again and was advised he'd send someone up. We waited and never saw anyone show up, took our chances and checked out. I requested a card to contact the supervisor and was told there were none. I still don't know if he meant cards or supervisors. He handed me a pen and paper to write my complaints down. We just left. That was our honeymoon at Aquarius Beach Club/Boquerón Beach Resort. Quite memorable.

I am not exaggerating

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquarius Beach Resort

The above is the letter I sent to the hotel 3 times. They never answered. I finally figured out how to contact management directly and the rest is history.

Reply to: Aquarius Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boqueron