We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Also booked for Bangkok arriving Dec. 2nd- Jan. 1st

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Also booked for Bangkok arriving Dec. 2nd- Jan. 1st

Booked to Bangkok for 2 days -night train to Chaing Mai area for 8 days, to Siem Reap, and PP land transport back to Bangkok to catch flight to Krabi-to go to Koi PHI Phi, and back to Bangkok for 3 nights to celebrate News Year's. Don't know whether to wait it out, finish booking the remaining flights and hotels, or to cancel. I know this seems selfish at this time but really torn. Appreciate another prospective.

2 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Also booked for Bangkok arriving Dec. 2nd- Jan. 1st

There's not a lot to advise. Everyone hopes that things will be a lot better by December (and certainly by January) but as the floods are still growing its hard to offer advice for next month. Bangkok is the only place on your itinerary that's affected. You might want to watch how things develop and cancel/change the Bangkok sector if really necessary.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Also booked for Bangkok arriving Dec. 2nd- Jan. 1st

Thanks- will wait it out and check on cancellation policies for Bangkok section. Just wanted to book New Year but guess everyone will be making last minute hotel plans. Hope things improve quickly for the people that live there.

Reply to: Also booked for Bangkok arriving Dec. 2nd- Jan. 1st
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted