We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency used

Which Borobudur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Currency used

Can I know if iti is better to use rupiah or USD in Borobodur?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency used

Hi

it's better use Rupiah for transaction in Indonesia

Regards. Pramana

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency used

Thanks, I was quoted IDR300,000 by hotel for one way airport transfer. Is this rate the normal or is it better to get the taxi directly from the airport?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency used

You can only use Rupiah for transaction. For transport to Borobudur, I think it will be cheaper to use airport taxi.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency used

Hi

I agree with radjaff that airport taxi is might be cheaper. You can have cheaper offer by rent a car. it's about 400 -500 K IDR per day. or you can take a bus from Yogya bus terminal in Giwangan or Jombor to Borobudur. it's only 10 K to 20 K IDR one way.

Please note that Borobudur is not located in Yogyakarta, it's located in Magelang city. it will take you around 2 hours to reach Borobudur from Yogya

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency used

Pramana, I think the question is about airport transfer to hotel in borobudur. No need to rent a car for a day, and taking a bus will be quite a hassle with all the luggage. Stick to the airport taxi, I think it will cost you around IDR 250K.

6. Re: Currency used

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 05, 2015