We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House boat ride to Monroe Island

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Topic
House boat ride to Monroe Island

As the end of my holidays , I was craving for an house boat cruise, in the famous Ashtamudi Backwaters , as I wished to be in vicinity with Trivandrum Airport , I was staying in a guest house in Varkala , through those guest house people I booked a house boat trip from Kollam to Monroe Island , the House boat they arranged for was a wonderful one ,more interestingly ,it was bearing name as QUEEN ASHTAMUDI . oops ... it was really a queen , and the crew were wonderful , food was served in banana leaf , traditional Kerala style , thats what the guy told me , was delicious any how , and the route was really good , though I don't know where their office is , their broacher says www.quilonbackwaters.com , and can be contacted at quilonbackwaters@gmail.com .

Best wishes ,

Ray Murray

London

London, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House boat ride to Monroe Island

I am looking at an overnight houseboat trip during my visit to Kovalam with my Indian friend in September. This company had offered me the best rates and the most interesting sounding trip. It includes a separate small barge ride around the smaller canals.

Can you let me know the quality of the accommodation on the houseboat please.

Kind regards Sue

2. Re: House boat ride to Monroe Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:30 am, September 08, 2012
3. Re: House boat ride to Monroe Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 20, 2012