We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Alanya

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Alanya

Hi Guys,

My first ever post on the forums. I have a issue I was hoping to get advice on. I have 2 guests who are coming to see me when Im on holiday in Alanya next week. However, they are landing at Isparta Airport. I have noticed that it is very far from Alanya and taxis are extremely expensive. Does anyone know of a cost effective way to get to Alanya from Isparta airport (Arriving at midnight)?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Alanya
Alanya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Isparta
Isparta
Isparta Province, Turkey
5 replies to this topic
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Alanya

Arriving at Isparta at midnight and heading for Alanya? Goodness, are they mad? What's wrong with Gazipasa airport?

Tell them to spend the night in Isparta and then next day take a bus to Antalya and then another one to Alanya.

Mentioned in this post
Isparta
Isparta
Isparta Province, Turkey
Alanya
Alanya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Alanya

Well, They were pretty much mis guided by the travel agent looking to make a quick buck. So now we are trying to find the best solution. A local cab firm just quoted me 400 Euros for a return transfer to Alanya. Thats more expensive than the flight tickets!!

Mentioned in this post
Alanya
Alanya
Antalya Province, Turkey
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Alanya

Oh dear. Bummer. The first bus in the morning to Antalya is about 05:00 or so. Realistically staying the night at Isparta is the best solution, I think. A transfer at that time of night and that distance is always going to be pricey. Maybe an Isparta taxi/transfer company would be cheaper for a one-way transfer for starters, and then take the bus for the return trip.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Isparta
Isparta
Isparta Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Alanya

Yea that looks like the best options. Now its just the problem of trying to get a decent price from a taxi company. Hardly anything on the internet.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Alanya

Here's a company - istanbuldiary.com/Turkey/Transport/Airports/…

Reply to: Getting to Alanya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isparta Province