We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Santander Airport

Wexford, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Public transport from Santander Airport

Hello ,I am travelling on June 2nd for 7 days please can you tell me if I can get a bus or two buses from Santander Airport to the caravan park near Noja ...Playa de Joyel?I do know I can get a bus from the airport to Santander but I really need to know if buses go to Noja direct from Santander and what is the name of the route , as I cannot find any website or bus company to let me know this .

I am travelling with my husband , 4 children and 4 adults and I do not want to have to hire a taxi as I have been quote over €450 return for 10 of us ( 6+4)

Moira ( from Ireland)

12 replies to this topic
Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

Check out this website: www.transportedecantabria.es That is the transport website for Cantabris and has the airport bus times and the Noja bus times on it.

You will need to get a bus to the airport (from outside the terminal building to the bus station), and then there is a bus to Laredo bus station from Santander (lots every day). You then have to get another bus on to Noja from Laredo (8 a day). Bit complicated, but possible and much cheaper than the taxi - the whole thing will cost about 7 Euros per person each way.

If you didn't fancy getting the last bus change, you could always get a taxi from Laredo, which is a shorter distance.

The bus station in Laredo is fairly central, so if you had to wait there, there are cafes and restaurants and things within walking distance.

Wexford, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

That's just what I needed to know , it is the Santander-Laredo Bus route as this information is not easily seen from that website and figuring out arrivals and departures with nine other people on day of travelling would not be advisable.

Can you please tell me the travel time/distance for each of these sectors ..

Santander to Laredo and Laredo to Noja and do I purchase tickets on the day ? Also do you think bus-timetables are available to take with me in Santander regarding all these routes as I cannot get this from that website.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

It depends on exactly which day you're going, I imagine there are less buses at the weekends, but from what I can see on the website, the timings are:

Santander-Laredo: Between 40 mins and 1 hour depending on the bus route (leaving Santander more or less every half hour) For the buses on the Santander-Laredo/Santander-Castro Urdiales line (those that don't go further than Castro), the buses are run by Turytrans, and you can't buy the tickets online I don't think, so you'll have to get them at the bus station on arrival in Santander. The other option is Santander-Bilbao/Irun, which is run by ALSA, tends to be busier and you can book online at www.alsa.es (available in English).

Laredo-Noja: 50 minutes, every 2 hours from 7am to 9pm, again run by Turytrans and I imagine you will have to get these at the bus station in Laredo on arrival, or possibly even on the bus itself being a shorter route.

As for bus timetables, ask at the bus station in Santander. They'll defintately have Santander-Laredo timetables in the ALSA kiosks, you might have to go the main information desk opposite the entrance for the Laredo-Noja times, if they have them. Ask in Laredo if not.

The info is easily available on the website I gave you, just put in your Origen as Santander, Destino as Noja, select a date and Buscar, then after a short wait you get everything on the screen, first all the Santander-Laredo buses, and then all the Laredo-Noja buses. It gives you all the info, departure/arrival time, price, the days it runs (X is Miercoles (Wednesday), the bus company and the route. You can even click on the map to see where you're going! The search is quite slow, so be patient!

Dublin
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

Hi Moira,

We're going to Playa joyel in early July and also flying into Santander and hoping not to have to hire a car. Would love to hear how you get on and what the campsite is like.

Thanks,

Anne Marie

Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

i need help. need info on how to get from Bilboa aiport to Noja, by public transport. we are travelling on Fri June 28th. Cannot see any details about this journey on the Forum.

Have tried looking at the Spanish bus routes but they were in Spanish please help urgently.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

Don't panic! There is no direct bus, firstly. You'll have to do similar to the post above, except from Bilbao, that's to say take one of the regular ALSA buses from Bilbao bus station to Laredo and change there for a bus to Noja. You'll have to look these two up separately, buy the tickets separately etc. Check out www.transportedecantabria.es for the Laredo-Noja bus (buy the tickets at Laredo bus station on arrival) and www.alsa.com for the Bilbao - Laredo bus, again, buy your tickets at the bus station on Bilbao (with Alsa you can also buy online before you go if you wish too). Easy journey!

Sligo, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

Hello,

I'm travelling from Ireland to Santander and on to Santiago by bus. I have been on the Alsa site to book, but cannot book via a Pass as my Irish address has no post code. Also Alsa will only accept PayPal, which I do not have.

Any advice on how I might book and pay--I'm travelling on Sunday 15th Sept,

Thanks

Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

Join PayPal .... it's free

Sligo, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

Thanks. I'm doing just that. The lack of a post code here in Ireland is confusing the bus company.

Sligo, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Public transport from Santander Airport

Thank you for your help. Problem resolved by most helpful folk at caminotravelcentre.com.

Gerry

Reply to: Public transport from Santander Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Noja