We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see around Santa Clara?

Which Santa Clara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Okotoks, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to see around Santa Clara?

We are going to the Bijao this coming Wednesday, and I am wondering what we should go see?

We will have a car, and are not afraid of venturing out of the resort. We have a 10 and a 5 years old and would love to see some of the country. We will be going to Panama city, but would like to also see other things. What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,545 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see around Santa Clara?

First, do not drive in Panama City. You're okay driving to Miraflores locks, the zoo at Soberanía National Park and Gamboa. But, do not drive in the city. Park your car at El Rey in Albrook or Albrook Mall and take a taxi from there.

El Valle is near Santa Clara. That makes a great day trip, too.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see around Santa Clara?

With the five year old, I wonder how happy he/she will be spending a good deal of your vacation time in the car? I have a gran that age, and I can tell you it wouldn't be fun for him or for me.

The resort you have chosen is about two hours from "the city" to go to the most popular attractions. So spending four hours in the car to get to anywhere in the city and back sounds like a very long day for you and your family.

Like gb says, El Valle is close.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to see around Santa Clara?

El Valle is about an hour and 15 minute drive from your resort and definitely worth the trip. You would see cooler weather and a taste of the highland forests of Panama. It is a pleasant little town nestled in the valley of a huge extinct volcano. It is very easy to get around there, a tour guide is not necessary to get there OR to get aorund there. There is a very neat Canopy Advernture zipline tour, horseback riding, a great small zoo with golden frogs and other exotic creatures a wonderful orchid farm. You can walk to petroglyphs and waterfalls. The local outside market has wonderful carvings and much else you would love it! Go on Sunday when the maximum vendors will be there. If you can't, it has many artisans on Saturday as well, but it is open every day of the week, just less vendors during the week. In fact the entire town is quiet during the week - a very sleepy little town.

4. Re: What to see around Santa Clara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, January 08, 2014