We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT! Need help with travel itinerary!

Milan, Italy
2 posts
Save Topic
URGENT! Need help with travel itinerary!

Hello! I'm a long time TA user but never needed to post a question... however I'm having a bit of an issue! Sorry in advance for the long post, but we've been seeing a really active member help us with a lot of our previous issues before and hope we can get some help! I'm an Australian student studying abroad in Milano and two weeks from now I will be travelling with my brother (coming to visit me) around Italy. We have roots in both Lazio (Mother) and Sicilia (Father) and know the exact towns we wish to travel to, despite our poor Italian skills.

Long story short, my Nonna was from Vizzini, and my Nonno was from Licodia Eubea. We'd like to stay in Caltagirone (as nonna spoke of it to me and I have always wanted to go) - and only pass through these two other sentimental towns as our language is not the best and neither of us drive. Amazingly enough, there is a bus that goes from Catania airport, through both of these towns, and then to the destination of Caltagirone.

The issue is, we are trying to find the bus timetable and cannot read it! It is an import from Excel and so all the columns are broken! We are staying in Pompei before our trip to Sicily, and because the buses come every 4 hours it's really important to get a flight at a good time, and then a hotel near to the bus! We can take a bus directly to Catania airport on the way back, sure, but it is really important to us to at least see these two towns once, and know where the bus stops too - the long trip is inconsequential to how much this means.

We know it's the AA411 bus, and a rough route guide from Rome2Rio, and the (broken) timetable from the website here:

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

We intend on being there from the 24th and have already booked flights out of Catania on the 27th (July) so it's a really urgent issue for us and we would be eternally greatful for any help whatsoever.

Grazie mille

Jacinta.

3 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT! Need help with travel itinerary!

Welcome to Sicily Cinnah!

Interbus runs direct bus service to Vizzini and Caltagirone.

http://www.interbus.it/

And then reach Licodia Eubea from Caltagirone.

comune.caltagirone.ct.it/turismo/index.php…

SITA runs bus service from Pompeii to Naples, or you might take the Circumvesuviana or Trenitalia, and then the Alibus from Naples to the airport.

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5001.pdf

…gesac.it/portal/…Autobus

Fly Alitalia, Air Italy (Meridiana), or easyJet from Naples to Catania.

Vagabonda

Milan, Italy
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT! Need help with travel itinerary!

Sadly it looks like it's too risky to take the longer route through both of those towns after all.

I guess if there is a bus connecting the towns to Caltagirone, maybe it is worth to visit them at our own pace on the day we will stay there

Thankyou so much for your help.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,153 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT! Need help with travel itinerary!

Perhaps Vizzini on the same day as Caltagirone, but plan to spend some time in your ancestral area and visit the towns during your time in the area.

Vagabonda

Reply to: URGENT! Need help with travel itinerary!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caltagirone