We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

Which Kannur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rajkot
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

Hello experts,

Can you please suggest me a 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery?

I and my wife are interested in Ezhara beach, Meenkunnu beach, Muzhapilangad beach, Parassinikadavu & snake park, Ezhimala & Azhikkal ferry. In short, nature, wild life and archeology.

Thank you very much.

Dr Parin

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

Hello Doctor,

Thelassery fort, Muzuppilangad drive in beach, Dharmadam beach/ island are some top attractions at Kannur. Paithalmala is another place worth visiting. If you have some time don't missa chance to visit the Bekkal fort in Kazargod district.

Cheers,

Arun- Team Experience Kerala

Rajkot
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

Thank you so much Arun.

Can we have a possibility of seeing Theyyam? I would like to know more about it.

Thank you.

Dr Parin

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

Hello,

Theyyam are seen commonly in Payyanur area of Kannur. Ashtamachal Bhagavathi, Mambalam , Kurunhi , Mavichery and Kottnachery are some places asscoiated with Teyyams.

See more details about timing and contact details: www.theyyamcalendar.com/category/events…

Please see the link for more photos and details on Mavicheri Bahgavathi Temple Theyyams: naseefgafoor.com/portfolio-item/…

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Arun-Team Experience Kerala

4. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, March 16, 2014
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

Hi Dr.Parin,

I recently visited Thelassery, it's not a tourist place, there are hardly any attractions worth visiting. The fort and the beaches are ordinary. It's better that you spend 2days in Kannoor.

Theyyam performances happen during winters in the temples of north Kerala. I got to see both Mudiyettu and Theyyam near Thelassery, that was the only highlight of the trip. The other spots aren't worth visiting coming all the way from Rajkot.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

I recently visited Kannur. Muzhappilangad Drive-in Beach is worth a place to spend some time there. Other than that I also visited St. Angelo Fort. I am thinking to plan for a dedicated 2 days trip to Kannur sometime in 2015. Will be doing my further research for that.

Dharmapuri, India
Level Contributor
630 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

U can do arakkal museum kannur fort muzapilangad drive in beach and Mahe..pondicherry ...don't forget to taste thalaserry briyani u can check outthe photos on my face book anandgounder77@gmail.com

Edited: 11:15 pm, January 01, 2015
8. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:11 pm, November 12, 2015
9. Re: 2 days itinerary for Kannur-Thelassery

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, February 12, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Kannur