We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water taxi question

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
water taxi question

I'm trying to figure out how long the trips on water taxis take. I've been looking at this timetable:

http://www.abeltasmancentre.co.nz/map.html

If I'm reading it right, as an example if i wanted to take a taxi from Marahau all the way to Totaranui, it would take 1:45-2 hours? Do all the taxis make every stop, or can you book ones that take you directly to specific stops? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water taxi question

Hi G :)

Some questions are best directed to the operator itself. They can best tell you about their service.

Happy travels :)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,938 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water taxi question

The name water "taxi" is a bit of a misnomer. Best to think of it as a shuttle bus rather than a taxi. ie you share the service with maybe 1, 2 or 3 other groups. Stops will be made only where necessary- maybe to drop off/pick up packs rather than people. This means the actual stops are subject to change right up until departure time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water taxi question

Got it, thanks!

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
6,811 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water taxi question

Lots of different operators including Abel Tasman Aqua taxis , wilsons experience, abel tasman sea shuttles. marahau water taxi. google them and check websites for what suits you. Most of them arent water taxis but operate from Base, i.e. either Marahau or Kaiteriteri to Totaranui and back. They do arranged pickups and dropoffs along the way to a schedule.

5. Re: water taxi question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 02, 2015