We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Nelson Airport

Kendal
Level Contributor
69 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Nelson Airport

We are walking the Abel Tasman track and need to get from Nelson Airport to our accomodation in Kaiteriteri.

What is the best way to do this journey/

Thanks

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Nelson Airport

We have a similar problem. We need to get from Picton to Marehau.

Have a look at the following transport companies:

Nelson Lakes Shuttles, Atomic Shuttles, Abel Tasman Coachlines. From Nelson it shouldn't be that hard. Getting out of Picton is much more of a pain.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Nelson Airport

The hardest part may be getting from the airport to Nelson city. I have arrived ther in the past and there were no taxis. I suggest you contact those shuttle companies for times, and arrange a taxi to meet your flight.

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Nelson Airport

When where you intending to walk the track?

I've just been reading an article in the paper about a new service starting up in the busy season which I guess is December thru to February or something like that.

They are going to run a 150 seat catamaran { i'm sure thats not spelt right!]

from nelson port thru to kaiteri could be a good option depending on the time you get in and the time they leave Nelson.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Nelson Airport

http://www.trekexpress.co.nz services the airport, Picton and Marehau. They do not mention Kaiteriteri but must be driving past it anyway, cos that's the way the road goes.

5. Re: Transfer from Nelson Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 20, 2011