We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket Opening Times

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket Opening Times

Hi all,

I am coming to Peyia in 4 weeks time and my flights lands at 9.00pm, i have hired a car and reckon i will get to peyia around 10.30 -11.00pm ( if i don't get lost !! ), can anyone tell me if there will be a supermarket open around these times for a few essentials, thank you in advance.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

You won't find a supermarket open that late, but you will pass lots of "kiosks" on your journey between the airport and Peyia. Prices are considerably higher than in supermarkets but at least you'll get some essentials to tide you over.

Trisha

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

Hi Trisha,

thank you for your reply, by Kiosks do you mean roadside garages / petrol stations?

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

Hello again

Kiosks are like corner shops. Some are tiny, some are like small supermarkets. They are allowed to open longer hours - odd ones open 24/7. Without exception they are more expensive than Supermarkets. Garages here tend not to sell the wide range of products they do in the UK. However, the attendants who fill up for you more than make up for that!

If you are self driving to Peyia, I would stop at a kiosk before you leave Paphos as they will get thinner on the ground as you leave the built up area.

There are 2 Philippos supermarkets local to your accommodation for your "big" shop where you will find everything you need. One is up in Peyia near the Church. The other one is on the main road to St George down in Coral Bay.

Trisha

Edited: 2:23 pm, July 06, 2013
Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

Hi Trisha,

Many thanks for all your help it's much appreciated, I now have enough info to go on and we are all looking forward to our holiday in Peyia, keep up the good work as your invaluable time and information is appreciated.

Rgds

Hawickbear

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

Have a great time and don't forget to come back and tell us how you got on.

Trisha

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

Hi All,

Thank you all again for your responses, we have been back a week now after a fantastic holiday and we managed to find a Kiosk when we arrived no problem, there are many of them en route to Peyia for you to get essentials for your first morning.

Hawickbear

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday. Was it hot enough for you.......?!

Trisha

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

very hot Trisha but we loved it !!

Aberdeen, Scotland...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

Hawichbear- how was the car journey from the airport , I am thinking of hiring a car also .

Thanks

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Supermarket Opening Times

Karay,

The journey was very easy but I did have travel direction from the apartment owner which were very good, it's pretty straightforward and depending on the time of day you arrive traffic not that busy, would recommend picking up and dropping off the car at the airport, where are you staying ?

Hawickbear

Get answers to your questions about Peyia