We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inclusive Car Hire

Which Fiscardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Llandeilo, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Inclusive Car Hire

We have booked our holiday with Thompson for the Almyra Hotel. In the advertising Thompson stated free car hire. This sold us the holiday.

After booking the holiday we have been told this service has been removed and not available from 2014 but Thompson are still advertising the service.

Please could anyone tell me if they have booked this holiday this year expecting free car hire and did anyone book last year and get car hire?

Thompson say the price has been reduced accordingly this year but I suspect it hasn't been.

North Lincs
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

A minivan indeed!! Is somebody having a bit of 'fun' do you think?

Cardiff
Level Contributor
587 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

I'd take the minivan right now!! Our balance is due next week & we still haven't had the written confirmation we were promised nor our booking on line updated!!!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
587 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

Paid our balance today & was again reassured 100% that car hire is inclusive. Apparently we get the voucher with the e tickets!!

We have had a revised invoice which shows car hire. To be honest thoroughly fed up with this now. So will look forward to my holiday now & seriously consider whether I will use Thompson again.

Norwich, England...
Level Contributor
47 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

So glad to have found this thread. My wife and I are also booked to stay at the Alymra from 24th June - 8th July and were also misled by Thomson about the free car hire - we booked on the basis that it was included but only coach transfers were stated on the booking confirmation.

I'm interested to know whether those who now appear to be getting free car hire had this shown on their original booking confirmation? We only booked in January and despite calling and emailing Thomson many times, their stance is that we were never entitled to the free car hire as it wasn't offered as an option during booking (only coach transfers), even though the package was promoted with free car hire.

Have been busy moving house the past few weeks so we ended up letting the matter drop but I'm still very angry that we'll have to pay probably £200+ for car hire on top of the cost of the holiday which we didn't budget for, not to mention that it clearly was false advertising by Thomson but they were adamant that since it wasn't shown on our booking form we were never entitled to it.

What do you think we should do? Worst case scenario, can someone recommend the best local hire company we should use? Was thinking of contacting the hotel directly to see if they could arrange car hire for us but I doubt this is possible?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

Hi Willap,

Fiscardofan will tell you about the best one in Fiscardo (there are only two)

However you may well find it cheaper to hire from the airport in which case have a look at these local companies that are recommended by regular visitors. Check their terms and conditions as they have different attitudes towards CDW.

www.pefanis-carhire.com/en/bookings/index

greekstones-rentacar.com/english/company.htm

http://venusrental.gr/newen/#!/home

http://www.cbr-rentacar.com/index.html

cefaloniarentacar.com/index-english.html

http://www.neptune-rentacar.com/index.html

expressrentacar.gr/carrent/…Reservation.asp

I hope you can sort it out with Thomson's and don't need these links.

Best of luck

Bob

Norwich, England...
Level Contributor
47 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

HI Bob,

Thanks for the reply. We should at least be getting free transfers so I don't think we would hire a car at the airport now. What we're thinking (assuming Thomson don't back down and give us a free car) is we'll just hire one for the middle part of the holiday, maybe 7 or 8 days, and use the first few days to explore Fiskardo on foot and get settled, and the last few days to relax. When we have the car we can explore the island a bit more.

Thanks,

Will.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

Sounds a good plan!

Wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

Hello willapp,

I have just read your thread ,and am surprised you are going to let Thomsons get away with it , if I had moved house I would need a good holiday as well !! .

I refer back to previous threads, we all got the hire car reinstated, and now have the voucher for the car.

I would mention TRADING STANDARDS , that will get their attention. GOOD LUCK . we are going to the Almyra hotel on the 10th of June, cant wait.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
587 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

When did you get your voucher for your car hire John J? We go on the 17th June & have not had ours yet!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
80. Re: Inclusive Car Hire

We go on 22nd June and have had our etickets and the car hire voucher is there. But when we booked which was last year it showed car hire all the way through the booking. Also two emails from them stating 100% that we had car hire.

Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations