We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

Which Fiscardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spennymoor, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

I am hoping to travel to Fiscardo in August 2013.

We are travelling independently so will need to get transfer to Almyra Hotel Fiscardo.

Many thanks

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

Hi

Last year a taxi from the airport to Fiscardo was approx 75 euros. That may increase slightly this year.

There's a board in the arrivals hall which gives the charge per km, per item of luggage etc. I usually check it out on arrival in May, however this year we won't be going until June or possibly even September.

Taxis outside the airport are plentiful, metered and licensed. However the Almyra can arrange transport for you so it may be worth getting a quote from them nearer the time, if you haven't already seen their website have a look at -

www.almyrafiskardo.gr

Transfers are mentioned under the 'location' tab.

We've stayed at the Almyra many times but now stay at a friends apartments.

You've made a great choice, I'm sure you'll love it.

If you need to know anything else I'll do my best to help.

Spennymoor, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

Many thanks ficardofan.

Will check it out.

Pleased to hear we have made a good choice. It was so difficult to choose a resort, Fiscardo looks lovely hopefully we will enjoy it.

Thanks again for the advice

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,303 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

If you are going to hire a car whilst on the Island it imay be worthwhile hiring one for whole time and collect it from the airport.

The drive to Fiscardo takes about 60 -90 mins

There are several firms on the island that offer great service.

Google Greekstones, or pefanis, or cbr kefalonia for example.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

Try www.taxi-kefalonia.com very good service.book and your return to get 10% discount!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

Hi, you have made an excellent choice with Fiscardo and the Almyra. We will be returning in July. Personally I can't imagine not having a car while on Kefalonia. Everything is very spread out and there are so many wonderful little tucked away places that require having a car. The cost of a return transfer would practically pay for the car which proves to be invaluable IMO. We rent from Pefanis and always negotiate a very fair price. Enjoy yourselves regardless of your decision. Elena the owner of the Almyra is such a sweetheart.

bristol
Level Contributor
637 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

The roads to Fiscardo are good if you decide to drive but it is also good to sit back and enjoy the scenery by travelling in a taxi

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,303 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

Hi travellersfrom bristol,

I sort of agree with you but the first time we went to Kef, 20+ years ago, before there were many barriers on the cliff edge, our transfer from Agia Efimia back to the airport was by taxi.

The driver was in a hurry, he was drinking coffee, smoking and turning round to offer the passengers in the back a cigarette.

Sit back and relax Not on that trip!!

Bob

bristol
Level Contributor
637 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

We have also been goin to Kephalonia for over 20 years. 27 in fact. We always book our taxi with the owners of our accommodation. They ensure that we get a good price and explain to the driver - not fast! We have never had a bad experience on Kephalonia and as I said, we can sit back and enjoy the views for 45 minutes and they are breathtaking. Sorry, about your experience, we had a similar one on Zante many years ago.

9. Re: Taxi costs from airport to Fiscardo... any advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo