We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Fiscardo

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Fiscardo

Hi there,

We are planning a week's holiday to Fiscardo in July and are looking to stay somewhere central as we don't plan to hire a car. I just wanted to ask about swimming as we're keen snorkellers and it doesn't look like Fiscardo has that many beaches. Are there accessible beaches in Fiskardo from the port or would we be better off going to another resort? It looks like a beautiful place, and we'd be keen to hire boats.

Any advice gratefully received thanks!

Diane

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Fiscardo

Hi Diane

There are a number of small beaches/coves within walking distance of the centre and even more if you hire a motorboat from one of the three hire companies in the Harbour.

Many are suitable for snorkelling, there's a guide here -

http://www.fiscardo.com/beaches.htm

You might also be interested in Jamies marine adventure trip, gets rave reviews, see -

www.ioniandiscoveries.com/Excursion.html

If you need details of any accommodation just let me know.

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Fiscardo

Hi there,

Thanks very much for your reply, that's really helpful. We are emailing a few accommodation providers, but if you have any top recommendations that would be great!

Thanks again

Diane

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Fiscardo

Will be happy to Diane.

What are you looking for - Villa, Studio, Apartment? With or without pool?

Regards Eileen

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Fiscardo

Well we're trying to keep costs down, and there's only the two of us so a studio or apartment would be fine. Access to a pool would be great too!

Air con is a must have. If you know of anything available between 28th July and 4th Aug, then that would be great.We'd rather give our money to the resort rather than a tour operator.

Thanks very much

Diane

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Fiscardo

Hi again Diane,

Can't comment on availability for your dates I'm afraid but here's a few suggestions of places which are bookable independently.

Bearing in mind that you are travelling high season I don't think any will be particularly cheap.

With pools -

Kiki apartments

http://www.kiki-apartments.gr/

Porto Fiscardo

www.portofiscardo.com

Zavalata - mainly larger apartments but they have one small studio, property is on the waters edge so doesn't have its own pool but you can used Porto Fiscardos, which is opposite and through who you book.

2 others in the same vicinity as the above are Faro Suites and Balhambra Suites - lovely properties but I wouldn't think they fit into the keeping the costs down category!

Without pools -

Fiscardo Studios

www.fiscardostudios.com

Stella Apartments

www.stella-apartments.gr

Last but not least is a one-off that we've considered and had a better look at this year is Katy's apartments. Only 2 of them, one upper one lower, no pool but close to a small beach and the upper, in additon to a large balcony across the front, has a nice private terrace to the rear with sunbeds and umbrellas.

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/greece/GR2448.htm

I take what you say about Tour Operators but if you haven't already booked your flights and can hold your nerve for another week or 2 Greek Options often have some really good deals (currently showing some departing up to 14th July)

Good luck!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Fiscardo

Hi There

I would agree on the fact that your dates are rather high season. All the suggestions are good. However, I would suggest you check out Janet's rooms. I've heard good reports and I think she may be rather more reasonably priced.

You could try Googling or this link has some details.

http://www.fiscardo.com/janetsrooms.htm

Regards

FB

7. Re: First time in Fiscardo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Fiscardo
Recent Conversations