We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

I was wondering if anyone has stayed or knows Aglai studio? From the pictures in the Planos brochure and their website it looks as if the view from the terrace is quite obscured by trees. Does anyone know if this is so? We are comparing this to Poppys apartment, with Sunvil, which is further up the hill and looks to have very good views.

Stockport
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

Hi, are you sure you mean the Planos brochure? The Aglaia I know in Loggos is let via Travel a la Carte.

If it's the same one I'm thinking about, we're actually booked into the neighbouring Aglaia Villa next year! We normally stay along the road at the Manor House, but are having a change next year. We had Aglaia Studio for a day a few years ago, when we had a late flight home and had to move out of the Manor House apartment we'd been staying in. You're correct that the terrace is surrounded by quite a few trees, but there's still quite a nice view and there's obviously a trade-off between a more spectacular view at Poppy's and the superb location of Aglaia, with no steep hill to walk back up in the heat of the day or dead of night.

We've been holidaying in Loggos for many years now and if this will be your first visit and you've got any more questions I'll try to help, but I think whichever villa you choose you'll love it!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

Thankyou. Thats really helpful. We still cant decide between the two! We wondered if aglai was too close to the road + harbour? Poppys is more expensive.....is it worth it?+ are there boat trips from loggos in august to antipaxos?

Stockport
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

I've walked in the hills around Poppy's many times, but there are quite a few villas up there and so I'm not sure which one it is. However, it's bigger than Aglaia and Sunvil's prices include flights and transfers, whereas TalC's prices are for accommodation and rep service only, so that probably explains the price difference.

We normally go for 3 weeks in July and, although August will be a bit busier, the roads on Paxos are really not very busy at all. Our bedroom at the Manor House was directly overlooking the road and we never had a problem with traffic noise and as Aglai is set slightly back from the road up some steps it should even be a little quieter.

We normally spend our mornings on the beach before returning to our apartment for a late lunch and to be perfectly honest the thought of the steep climb back up to Poppy's in the heat of the early afternoon would definitely put me off. However, you may have different habits and be fitter than us!

The local trip boat, the Lefcothea, was going from Loggos to Anti Paxos about three times a week when we were there this year. Alternatively, you can catch the 9:15-ish bus into Gaios and be there in time to catch the 10:00 Anti Paxos Express boat.

Mentioned in this post
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Stockport
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

Oh, by the way, TalC do arrange transfers for an extra fee and if you decide to go with them I would definitely recommend using them for a hassle-free holiday!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

Hello again and thank you. We have decided to book Aglai studio with TalC and their transfers - going 30th July - will we miss your stay? Your information has been really useful and I feel happy we have made the right decision. I may take you up on your offer of further info nearer the time - already looking forward to our visit to Paxos though!

Mentioned in this post
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Stockport
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

Glad to be of help. We're going 1-22 July, so we'll miss each other by a week.

7. Re: Has anyone stayed in Aglai studio, Loggos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, November 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Loggos