We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thompson's for2014

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Thompson's for2014

Hi

Just looked at Thompson's holidays for 2014 and trying to get prices for Thetis payments or Finikes but nothing coming up .Have they corporatism for some reason.

Noticed some other regular places have gone from Parga as well ???

Roy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thompson's for2014

Sorry.

Predictive text gone berserk

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thompson's for2014

Prices seem high. I should wait until August/September when the prices may have come down and more contracts have been negotiated with more hoteliers. The same holiday for this year (Thassos) in August currently is £300 more expensive than what we have paid (booked in August 2012).

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thompson's for2014

Roy, have you looked at doing it yourself? we have been with thomsons gor the last 4 years and decided to do it for ourselves this year. We have saved over £200 and have a hire car for the 2 weeks, might be worth checking out

birmingham.uk
Level Contributor
484 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thompson's for2014

Yep Thomsons prices are dearer and there are hardly any free child places for 2014. I have delayed my booking for 2014 whilst I decide how I can do it cheaper.

england
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thompson's for2014

AdiLee can you share with us how you are doing this please - we would also like to book ourselves, looking at flying into Athens having a couple days there then taking an internal flight to Kavala a cab to the ferry then over to the island. Additionally have considered flying into an airport closer to Kavala from the UK and driving down but hubby is a little jittering about driving on the wrong side of the road on the mainland - be really pleased to hear your thoughts and tips.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thompson's for2014

Easyjet fly to Thessaloniki, from there you can hire a car and drive to Keramoti approximately 1.5 hours, accommodation can be found on sites such as www.go-thassos.gr/ or even tripadvisor. We paid £160 pp from Manchester to Thessaloniki, car hire was €430 for a group C large enough for 4 adults, and a 1 bedroom apartment in Golden Beach was €420. This is for the last 2 weeks in June. Thomson wanted £1005 for the same weeks in a studio, and no hire car.Not only do we have a great holiday to look forward to, but an adventure as well.

england
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thompson's for2014

Thanks Adi that is great info - might just look at hiring a car from Potos from the airport to Keramoti and just going to the island as a foot passenger as do not really need a car when we are in Thassos.

Grays Thurrock...
Level Contributor
147 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thompson's for2014

BA also fly to Thessaloniki - no hidden extras , larger luggage allowance and free in flight food and wine . The drive from Thessaloniki to Keramoti is very scenic and extremely straightforward although 1.5 hrs is a bit optimistic , we stopped for a quick bite to eat on the way down and took us over 3 hrs .

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thompson's for2014

I think Potos charge a premium for one way rentals, €30 has been mentioned, still cheaper than 2 weeks hire though

england
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thompson's for2014

Thanks for that AdiLee - we normally have a car for a few days when in Thassos but the public transport is great when there is just two of you and we like to walk usually base ourselves in Thassos Town but yes that is worth thinking about

Get answers to your questions about Thassos Town (Limenas)
More Thassos Town (Limenas) Topics