We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Normally go to Skiathos but fancy Thassos....

Which Thassos Town (Limenas) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Normally go to Skiathos but fancy Thassos....

We normally go to Skiathos but fancy a change this year mainly due to the ridiculous price increases by Thomson. Can anyone compare the 2 islands, not sure if we may find it a little too quiet...

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
810 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Normally go to Skiathos but fancy Thassos....

Hi zantebird

Never been to Skiathos so sorry I can't make a comparison. I have been to Thassos though staying in Skala Potamias. I found lots of good info on the website www.thassos-island.de It's german run but you can translate. There's a webcam and also a forum with a lot of knowledgeable people on. If you look at the International Forum section it's all in English.

The ferry ride over to the island is only 35 minutes and very enjoyable with the seagulls flying alongside.

Hope this helps,

Yiamass, Jean

england
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Normally go to Skiathos but fancy Thassos....

Been to lots of Greek Islands but have to say Thassos it my fav, last time to Skiathos was however sometime ago but found it to be to international and quite pricey- Thassos has quite a large expat brit community but is still very greek and you can enjoy a lot of greek food but like many places in Greece has become more expensive that it was 10 years ago. The season is Thassos really does end mid September with many restaurants and bar closing at that time - best time of the year to visit in my view, is end of May or early September.

But as you say not a great deal to do unless you base yourself in Thassos Town, which we always do then you have the choice R and R or a bit of night life if you want.

3. Re: Normally go to Skiathos but fancy Thassos....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Thassos Town (Limenas)
More Thassos Town (Limenas) Topics