We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess House Hotel

Nth. Yorks
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Princess House Hotel

Thinking of staying here, very much like the look of the place. Was wondering if it was an easy walk to and from the harbour. I understand it's quite a hilly place (never visited Skiathos before) and could not cope with steep hills every time we ventured out ! NYJ

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess House Hotel

Hi NYJ

We have stayed just further up from the Princess House. From town it's about 15 minutes walk down hill to town (I wouldn't,t say it was steep). You could try the back Lanes down to the sea front some of which have a slight incline and some of which are unlit. The only other thing I would mention is that there aren't really any footpaths on the main road into town and where they do they can be a bit uneven in places. We usually have a small torch with us for our return journey. The opposite side of the town, however, is where you will find the steeper inclines. We have been eight times and we still find quicker and easier routes back to the hotel. We are back again twice this year. Love the island. Hope this helps

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess House Hotel

The Princess House is the 1st place we stayed at on Skiathos . The walk into town as greeky says it's about a 10-15 min walk, the back way will take just as long and isn't lit most of the way. There is a largish super market just around the corner and it's not very steep on the road. If you do go ahead and book the transfer from the airport will be the shortest you have had about 7 mins if they don't stop tell drop others off 1st.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess House Hotel

When I walked up from the Harbour towards Princess House last September I thought the footpaths had been improved. It isn't too steep just an initial slow incline and then it levels out, not enough to put you off booking a preferred accommodation I would say.

Nth. Yorks
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess House Hotel

Thank you all for your prompt replies and helpful information

Will probably book Princess house. NYJ

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princess House Hotel

Never stayed at the Princess House but we walked past it every night either going in to town or on our return. I am sure you will like your accommodation and have no doubts you will love Skiathos. When are you thinking going.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Princess House Hotel

We had a week At The Princess House last June and loved the place. In fact we have just rebooked to go again in May, can't wait. Very small and friendly hotel, definitely recommended.

As stated before it's bit of a walk into town but nothing to demanding, we did tend to take the back roads on the way out at night, as it was a reasonable stroll.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Princess House Hotel

We have just returned from our second visit to Princess House and it was even better this year. The apartments have been refurbished and have had all doors and windows replaced with new. They have been decorated and new beds and bedding provided. Our apartment was like brand new, lovely.

The warm welcome from Harris and Maria was more than we expected on only our second visit. They are clearly very proud of the hard work undertaken over the winter. The pool as ever must rank as one of the cleanest in Greece.

Highly recommended.

Thank You Harris and Maria for an excellent holiday, from the Birdwatchers.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Princess House Hotel

That's a good recommendation FATBUS thanks for coming back on and telling us particularly about all the refurbishments that have taken place over the winter.

Glad to see you enjoyed your time back on Skiathos... hard not to :)

9. Re: Princess House Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos Town